T Nation

Best Argument Against Obama I've Read

"The sum total of Mr. Obamaâ??s political philosophy, the unifying theme of his presidency, amounts to this: You cannot be trusted to live as a free American.

President Obamaâ??s first major legislative action, the failed $787 stimulus, revealed his fundamental distrust of free Americans. A president who actually trusts his people would stand aside as they freely chose how to invest their capital and their labor. Mr. Obama, on the other hand, simply doesnâ??t believe you are smart enough to know whatâ??s best for you. He commandeered nearly $1 trillion dollars from the taxpayers and redirected it as he saw fit.

That he squandered billions on crony boondoggles such as the Solyndra solar-panel company or laughable efforts to measure the malt-liquor habits of Buffalonians and the like is evidence merely of his incompetence. That he trusted only himself to allocate taxpayersâ?? money in the first place â?? even if he had had the capacity to do so brilliantly â?? is evidence of a much larger offense: This president distrusts his subjects.

Obamacare is a modern-day monument to government arrogance. So untrustworthy are Americans that they cannot be allowed to decide for themselves whether to purchase health insurance or, if so, how much. Likewise, physicians are too untrustworthy to provide you with care without first consulting the governmentâ??s â??best practicesâ?? guidelines. Obamacare would solve both.

Untrustworthy bankers would become angelic under the restrictions of Dodd-Frank. Untrustworthy bloggers would fall in line under the Stop Online Piracy Act. Untrustworthy manufacturers would create the only jobs worth having under the dictates of the National Labor Relations Board. And untrustworthy energy consumers would act responsibly only under the restrictions of â??cap and tradeâ?? or at least a dictatorial Environmental Protection Agency.

For statists like Mr. Obama, no matter how bloated our government has become, America is forever just one legislative act away from utopia, if only those untrustworthy Americans would just get in line. The man who ran on hope has instead embraced a tragic pessimism that views all free Americans with disdain as either incompetent rubes in need of his salvation or unrighteous villains in need of his rules. Either way, Mr. Obama embraces a command-and-control government and rejects American freedom."

http://www.foramerica.org/?s=George+Washington

we do love our booze in buffalo

We have a Political System problem…not an “Obama” one.

And whomever is in the White House AND Congress won’t matter if they don’t recognize that fact; and gain the political will to solve our problems.

Mufasa

?What we?re getting from the White House on this conscience issue, it?s not an issue about contraception, it?s an issue that reveals a political philosophy the president is showing that basically treats our constitutional rights as if they were revocable privileges from our government, not inalienable rights from our creator,? he said on Meet the Press yesterday.

?We?re seeing this new government activism, paternalistic, arrogant, political philosophy that puts new government-granted rights in the way of our constitutional rights,? the House Budget Committee chairman continued.

?That?s really not about contraception,? he said of the HHS mandate debate. ?It?s about violating our first amendment rights to religious freedom and conscience.?

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
We have a Political System problem, not an “Obama” one.

Whoever is in the White House AND Congress won’t matter if they don’t recognize that fact and gain the political will to solve our problems.

Mufasa
[/quote]

TT:

It’s okay!

I don’t mind corrections; even when it comes to my grammar!

So, fire away!

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

We have a Political System problem…not an “Obama” one.[/quote]

Agreed, but only to a point - the idea that Obama is just some jellyfish who is unfortunately caught up in a wave of some systemic problems - which I inferred dfrom your post - isn’t accurate. Obama has doubled-down on some of the very worst aspects of the “systemic” problems, and in the process, he established some simply awful precedents for coming presidents (regardless of party)…awful for the rest of us and good government, I mean.

Just look at the No Child Left Behind Act and Obama’s recent granting of waivers - i.e., selective enforcement of the law, even though the law itself does not provide executive discretion. Yeah, great idea - Presidents can simply slice and dice enforcement of the law in accordance with his political whim.

Obama - and his approach to the office - is a problem independent of (and is a contributor to) the “systemic” problem in Washington. He isn’t the poor victim of circumstances.

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
TT:

It’s okay!

I don’t mind corrections; even when it comes to my grammar!

So, fire away!

Mufasa[/quote]

Edited above

The best argument against him is his attacks on religious faith via novel government granted rights. Or, perhaps from his own religious doctrines…Since Mr. Obama himself is a Christian who sees no theological/moral barrier in Christian associations making provision for contraception, sterility, and abortifacients, he has made a dogmatic judgment in place of the Catholic Church, for Catholics associations. He has after all cited Christianity as a justification for wealth redistribution.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
The best argument against him is his attacks on religious faith via novel government granted rights. Or, perhaps from his own religious doctrines…Since Mr. Obama himself is a Christian who sees no theological/moral barrier in Christian associations making provision for contraception, sterility, and abortifacients, he has made a dogmatic judgment in place of the Catholic Church, for Catholics associations. He has after all cited Christianity as a justification for wealth redistribution. [/quote]

He gag-ordered the military clergy regarding the things of faith, not with anything strategic, or dangerous…That speaks volumes to me…

I do find him truly disingenuous.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

We have a Political System problem…not an “Obama” one.[/quote]

Agreed, but only to a point - the idea that Obama is just some jellyfish who is unfortunately caught up in a wave of some systemic problems - which I inferred dfrom your post - isn’t accurate. Obama has doubled-down on some of the very worst aspects of the “systemic” problems, and in the process, he established some simply awful precedents for coming presidents (regardless of party)…awful for the rest of us and good government, I mean.

Just look at the No Child Left Behind Act and Obama’s recent granting of waivers - i.e., selective enforcement of the law, even though the law itself does not provide executive discretion. Yeah, great idea - Presidents can simply slice and dice enforcement of the law in accordance with his political whim.

Obama - and his approach to the office - is a problem independent of (and is a contributor to) the “systemic” problem in Washington. He isn’t the poor victim of circumstances.[/quote]Exactly so. The fire’s been smoldering for decades. He’s the biggest tank of gasoline ever. He is a monument to those systemic issues in a country that will likely put him back in office for a another dousing. We really deserve this. It’s an ideology issue, not a party issue. Both parties practice the same general liberal philosophy only one’s a bit slower going with it.

But has Obama done too much to get him a second term? or do people think he can turn it around?

I believe he has shown us his hand and continued presidency will only take us down a path we may never fully recover from in our lifetime.

As always, thanks for your insights, guys.

Look…I will never, EVER deliberately paint the President as “innocent” or a “victim of the system”.

But I ALSO will not paint him as someone who is barely distinguishable from Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, or the Anti-Christ. Nor will I consider him the “poster child” for all that is wrong in America.

If the GOP can usher in the next “Pax Romana”, and bring us all Peace, Prosperity and Constitutional Purity; then I hope they DO win the White House and a real majority in the House and Senate.

Mufasa

I stopped reading at “revealed his fundamental distrust of free Americans”

So much pandering in those words alone its amazing. Who do you plan to convince that Obama is a bad president and that they should vote for Repub nominee when you use words like that?

[quote]optheta wrote:
I stopped reading at “revealed his fundamental distrust of free Americans”

So much pandering in those words alone its amazing. Who do you plan to convince that Obama is a bad president and that they should vote for Repub nominee when you use words like that? [/quote]

There won’t be enough “words like that” to undo all of the positive words that the main stream liberal media will be using between now and election day to keep their man in the White House. Truth is never going to get in the way of their lust to keep Obama as president.

I wouldn’t be worried about who your President is guys. I’d be more worried about when Iran, Russia and Friends decide to nuke the fuck out of you because they just simply don’t like you.

No president can change that. Clinton, Bush and Obama have all offered the hand of friendship to Iran who have snubbed each successive president only to then tell the world their nuclear program was for electricity and hide it all under ground then this year be like SURPRISE BITCHES we have a nuke now and if you do anything to us Russia will nuke you and we are going to nuke anyone who we see as a threat!

It’s escalating really fast and I’m guessing you have no media coverage of it. I’ll leave some links for you.
WW3 is round the corner seriously :confused:

Chief of the Russian General Staff Gen. Nikolai Makarov said on Wednesday. ?We are certainly not planning to fight against the whole of NATO,? Makarov said in an interview with the Ekho Moskvy radio, ?but if there is a threat to the integrity of the Russian Federation, we have the right to use nuclear weapons, and we will.?

[quote]Mr_White wrote:
I wouldn’t be worried about who your President is guys. I’d be more worried about when Iran, Russia and Friends decide to nuke the fuck out of you because they just simply don’t like you.

No president can change that. Clinton, Bush and Obama have all offered the hand of friendship to Iran who have snubbed each successive president only to then tell the world their nuclear program was for electricity and hide it all under ground then this year be like SURPRISE BITCHES we have a nuke now and if you do anything to us Russia will nuke you and we are going to nuke anyone who we see as a threat!

It’s escalating really fast and I’m guessing you have no media coverage of it. I’ll leave some links for you.

Chief of the Russian General Staff Gen. Nikolai Makarov said on Wednesday. ?We are certainly not planning to fight against the whole of NATO,? Makarov said in an interview with the Ekho Moskvy radio, ?but if there is a threat to the integrity of the Russian Federation, we have the right to use nuclear weapons, and we will.?

[/quote]

I’d also like to add. It’s not like the cold war when both sides feared heavy losses. The way Russia are today they would be happy to take losses for an overall victory. America wouldn’t. Also Iran is a country that have a religion that thinks that nuclear obliteration or not that they’re going to be rewarded by 58billion virgins or whatever shit they believe.

[quote]Mr_White wrote:

[/quote]

Wow, another 21 year old foreign affairs expert. LOL…only on T Nation. Thanks for the laugh junior!

I like how Obama apologized for NATO burning Korans in Asscrackistan. He basically just said “America is NATO”. If you kill a NATO personnel it’s just like killing an American. It makes me wonder if he ever thinks?

I am all for making nice with Asscrackistan, but don’t apologize for things we didn’t do. That’s just stupid.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Mr_White wrote:

[/quote]

Wow, another 21 year old foreign affairs expert. LOL…only on T Nation. Thanks for the laugh junior![/quote]

Not an expert obviously! Just find it interesting. Something will come of all this, Iran isn’t Iraq your not just going to roll in on the tanks and the problem will go away.

They’re hardly going to go round showing their hand, after keeping it so close to their chest in past years if they don’t feel pretty confident that they could look after themselves.

Read the articles, take what you will from it.