Best Anime Ever Thread

Berserk - Golden Age I - [OFFICIAL TRAILER]

January 2012

009-1.

I’m digging this anime. It’s got a 60’s era kiss kiss bang bang spy movie feel to it. Smartly written. Sexy. Plenty of action and shit getting blown up.

[quote]bobbeh wrote:

January 2012[/quote]

Not liking the art, but Berserk will make up for it.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]bobbeh wrote:
January 2012[/quote]

Not liking the art, but Berserk will make up for it.[/quote]

What’s wrong with the art? It looks like it’s faithful to the manga…well Griffith looks even more feminine now but it fits his character.

kanye shrug

Um… I haven’t really kept up with the berserk manga… But… Checked out the recently translated chapters and… Did it totally go off the deep end or something?

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Um… I haven’t really kept up with the berserk manga… But… Checked out the recently translated chapters and… Did it totally go off the deep end or something? [/quote]

Did you read a bit of the manga before?? going from the old anime to the latest chapters won’t make any sense… A lot of things happened to guts in between http://www.mangareader.net/96-1147-189/berserk/chapter-27.html

If you want a feel of the manga you should read a bit of the chapter below, it will make more sense if you only watched the anime than reading the latest chapters

http://www.mangareader.net/96-1142-24/berserk/chapter-22.html

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]WolBarret wrote:

[quote]bobbeh wrote:
January 2012[/quote]

Not liking the art, but Berserk will make up for it.[/quote]

What’s wrong with the art? It looks like it’s faithful to the manga…well Griffith looks even more feminine now but it fits his character.

kanye shrug[/quote]

I prefer 80’s and 90’s art. No CGI, all hand drawn, and no femininity. The Original Guyver and Fist of the Northstar are some of my favorites.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
I’m lookin for something new to watch.

Personally my favorites have been
DBZ, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist. Anything that’d fall along those lines? Something more along Bleach/FMA more so then DBZ. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Naruto pretty much follows the DBZ/Bleach/Shonen Jump formula.

Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, Ninja Scroll, and Afro Samurai all have some swanky sword fight scenes. Plus the protagonists don’t stop in the middle of a fight to discuss their feeling and reasons for fighting.

You might like Heat Guy J and Last Exile. One can never go wrong with Ghost in the Shell (movies or animated series), Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop.[/quote]

Yah I watched Naruto - love it and now can’t wait for each episode to come out now that I’m caught up. I’ll have to look at some of those others you mentioned.

Just watched “Sword of the Stranger” and it’s a pretty good movie. Not the best ever, but pretty good nonetheless. As Wolbarret above said, I love 80-90 art and although that movie came out in 2007, it had the same feel to it. Highly recommended.

Those with Netflix know that there is alot of anime on there. Anyone have and recommendations of which to watch? There are too many to choose from and I doubt they all earned the almost 5 star rating.

Black Lagoon is awesome, even more with Roberta’s Blood Trail

i love dbz so much

[quote]critietaeta wrote:
i love dbz so much[/quote]

That pic looks awesome. I just watched the Cell Games for the first time in a long time. He seemed so unstoppable. But I guess every villain does.

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
Those with Netflix know that there is alot of anime on there. Anyone have and recommendations of which to watch? There are too many to choose from and I doubt they all earned the almost 5 star rating.[/quote]

They are all dubbed so none of them. Subtitles or GTFO

Those with Netflix know that there is alot of anime on there. Anyone have and recommendations of which to watch? There are too many to choose from and I doubt they all earned the almost 5 star rating.[/quote]

Ghost In The Shell Movies 1 & 2
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Ghost In The Shell: 2nd Gig

009-1 - Action packed 60s era cold war spy thriller

Gurren Lagann - Super Over-The-Top Mecha anime. The speeches and grandstanding are so verbose its LOL if you have a sense of humor or just groan-worthy if you are a boring stick in the mud. Top of the line animation, but the art direction might put you off at first.

Spice and Wolf - A change of pace. Light on action, but is intelligently and comically written. The show is more about character interaction than animated spectacles.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - This is sort of Fullmetal Alchemist Redux. If you have seen the Fullmetal Alchemist anime then you know the broad strokes of the story. This version seems a little faster and changes a few plot points. From what I’ve heard it’s closer to the original manga, and supposedly more adult (I don’t really see it).

some good suggestions on here but here is one people forget that was great
Gantz
Kite
Mezzo Forte
Spriggan

I finished “Speed Grapher”. I liked it good story however, I’m about half way through “Full Metal Alchemist” and like it MUCH more than Speed Grapher.

I’m the kinda person who starts something I have to finish it just to see how it ends. What happened to me in Speed Grapher aha.

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

watching Ikki Tousen, stupid funny in a kind of way.

High School of the Dead.

I’m not sure which is more gratuitous, the fan service or the zombie killing. Yeah, there is a lot of cheesecake in this anime. There’s also a pretty good story, tons of deadifying the undead, some smart strategies for surviving the zombieocolypse, and overall it’s just fun to watch. I’m looking forward to season two.