Best Anime Ever Thread

I have a confession to make. Something I’ve kept hidden deep inside for 2 decades.

I watched Kare Kano in it’s entirety and I LOVED IT!

My only excuse is that it was partially directed by Hideaki Anno.

Dude, what the fuck is this show, lol… Devil orgies and track and field. On to episode 2…

Yeah, good shit, right? hahahaha

Ok if you’ve never watched any previous Devilman stuff, I would suggest watching Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman first. Minimal weird shit, just violence, gore and posturing.

2 Likes

(Spirited Away - song during end credits)

Omg this chick’s voice…

this thread has 384 replies. to many to read so imma just state this

ONE PIECE IS THE GREATEST ANIME EVER

Not Ranma1/2???

Great blog. Has a bunch of solid recommendations.

Also, Devilman for life.

1 Like

Fist Of The North Star. I know, it’s getting old, but it’s always awesome!

Has anyone mentioned Nausicaa of the Valley of the Winds here yet?

The manga, not the anime. The anime is half-baked because it was based on only 2-3 volumes out of what is ultimately 7 volumes. Contrary to what the anime suggests, the manga has little to do with environmentalism and, iirc, turns the anti-war philosophy on its head. I think it’s great stuff.

I think most people here could appreciate the sentiment and philosophy expressed at the ending of the manga.

I recently finished watching the show Soul Eater. Wasn’t a great show, but wasn’t too bad either… until I got to the final episode and was shown the biggest pile of dog shit ending I’ve ever seen in anime. I couldn’t even finish watching it. But in other news:

One Piece is GoaT

1 Like