Best Anime Ever Thread

For those of you who enjoyed Attack on Titan, there seems to now be a live action flick in the works. Hopefully it won’t be too terrible. I do like the poster though…

Lol, Attack on Titan live action… that’ll be something.

[photo]39702[/photo]

Gintama is a great anime that I had forgot to mention before, Attack on Titan movie could either be REALLY well done like the Rurouni Kenshin movie, or really cheesy and with bad effects as most anime adaption films seem to be lol, though I do admit overall they are much better made now then before… Even some tv shows like live action Great Teacher Onizuka were pretty entertaining, though that’s a bit easier of a conversion then say DBZ lol

Gintama is great. AoT is almost like a religion for me lol.

I have heard grumblings that there will be an Attack on Titan video game coming as well.

Im a little intrigued at the continuation of DBZ by Akira. Never saw the whole new movie that they created. Saw the final battle tho, and was a little bummed at SS god mode =\ But hopefully they fix that.

Also been getting into Fairy tale these days on top of my usual Bleach, Naruto, and Attack on Titan reading.

Still casting my vote for FMA brotherhood as being the best anime ive ever seen (Tho i will always be a dbz fanatic at heart)

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
Im a little intrigued at the continuation of DBZ by Akira. Never saw the whole new movie that they created. Saw the final battle tho, and was a little bummed at SS god mode =\ But hopefully they fix that.

Also been getting into Fairy tale these days on top of my usual Bleach, Naruto, and Attack on Titan reading.

Still casting my vote for FMA brotherhood as being the best anime ive ever seen (Tho i will always be a dbz fanatic at heart)[/quote]

You should check out Area D and Psyren. I read them on top of all the ones you listed.

x2 for FMA Brotherhood being one of if not the best anime I have seen. Basilisk is up there as well.

[quote]GrizzlyBerg wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

Still casting my vote for FMA brotherhood as being the best anime ive ever seen (Tho i will always be a dbz fanatic at heart)[/quote]

You should check out Area D and Psyren. I read them on top of all the ones you listed.

x2 for FMA Brotherhood being one of if not the best anime I have seen. Basilisk is up there as well.[/quote]

Apparently there’s a new anime on Toonami that has the animation studio of FMA, and the creators of Cowboy Bepop and Samurai Champloo behind it named ‘Space Dandy’ that looked interesting.

I’ve been meaning to give AoT a shot. Btw, This might be the concept are for the video game?

In no particular order

FLCL - I love all the Gainax stuff
Gunbuster - again, Gainax
Rurouni Kenshin
MD Geist
Robotech (in both it’s American form and it’s original non-serial form)
Riding Bean
Cowboy BeBop
Bubblegum Crisis and Crash
Anything by Masamune Shirow - Blackmagic M-66, Appleseed, Dominion,
Anything by Leiji Matsumoto - Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, ect

La’

Redsol1

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
In no particular order

FLCL - I love all the Gainax stuff
Gunbuster - again, Gainax
Rurouni Kenshin
MD Geist
Robotech (in both it’s American form and it’s original non-serial form)
Riding Bean
Cowboy BeBop
Bubblegum Crisis and Crash
Anything by Masamune Shirow - Blackmagic M-66, Appleseed, Dominion,
Anything by Leiji Matsumoto - Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, ect

La’

Redsol1[/quote]

A lot of classics mentioned there, also x3 on FMA Brotherhood being the best anime I have ever seen

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

A lot of classics mentioned there, also x3 on FMA Brotherhood being the best anime I have ever seen[/quote]

yea, i tend to like the older stuff. I remember watching robotech on a TV in my room before catching the buss to school. i was in the 5th grade and it was the 80s. some of the stuff that comes on Cartoon Network is OK, but if i can tell its computer generated i’m not interested. i see that more with some of the American/Japanese Hybrids (Zords, ect).

All time fave.

Any love for the Gundam series around here?

Zeta Gundam is one of my all time favorite animes ever.

I hate all Gundam except for Fighter G and Battle Warriors although Build Fighters looks like something I might like.

[quote]Dabba wrote:

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

[quote]Dabba wrote:
Oh and to the OP: If you liked Berserk, check out Gungrave. It’s like Berserk but with guns and its own style.[/quote]

I think they are totally different styles of Anime, but I can see how in some ways they would be similar. That being said. Gungrave is one of my favorite anime series OF ALL TIME, Just for the story alone and the interaction and back story of the two main characters. The ending was so powerful I actually felt it in my gut. Excellent Anime.[/quote]

That’s why I said it had its own style…The characters are very similar though, Brandon the strong silent type (just like Guts), Harry the ambitious charismatic type (just like Griffith). Their relationships are very similar and even the story is similar as well. I actually heard somewhere that the entire show was a tribute to Berserk, although I don’t know how true that is, but I could believe it. Agreed about the ending, it was fantastic.

To me, Berserk is far superior, but Gungrave is still my second favorite.
[/quote]

Gungrave is my all time favorite.

[quote]Full Metal wrote:
Any love for the Gundam series around here?

Zeta Gundam is one of my all time favorite animes ever. [/quote]

Gundam Wing and G Gundam were pretty good.

La’

Redsol1

all of these have been mentioned, I just felt like reiterating.

Dragonball - The anime that got me started on the genre. I don’t care for DBZ. The original just does it for me.

Trigun - The anime that had me hanging on what would happen next in every episode. Hilarious. Also somber. True classic for the ages.

Cowboy Bebop - Fantastic. Everything’s already been said about this one. This is the one anime I’d recommend to anyone.

Samurai Champloo - It took me too long to get hooked on this one, because I thought the name sounded funny. How wrong I was… SC is one of the best series, animated or not, that I’ve ever seen.

Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo all have some of the best soundtracks that make watching the shows even MORE enjoyable. Each one is put together in just the right way.

Lupin III - An older anime that is lesser known. It’s very simple and straightforward, but it makes for an easy to watch show and remains consistently funny throughout. I like to watch it every now and then, but with hundreds of episodes that mostly stand alone, it’s a big task.

As for movies…

Studio Ghibli. They (Hayao) don’t put out bad flicks. If you’re watching an SG produced anime it’s gonna be a good time. I watched Whisper of the Heart a couple weeks ago and even though it had the simplest plot imaginable, watching it was still an enjoyable experience.

Just gave AoT a shot. Holy fuck, it is incredible. I honestly thought it was another Naruto/Bleach/One Piece kiddie-bullshit but it’s the real deal. It gets boring in the middle but when the Female Titan showed up it got really good. I really hate that Armin kid though. There’s always gotta be that one weak kid. The whole Survey Corp is legit though, I hope they focus on them the rest of series.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:
Just gave AoT a shot. Holy fuck, it is incredible. I honestly thought it was another Naruto/Bleach/One Piece kiddie-bullshit but it’s the real deal. It gets boring in the middle but when the Female Titan showed up it got really good. I really hate that Armin kid though. There’s always gotta be that one weak kid. The whole Survey Corp is legit though, I hope they focus on them the rest of series.[/quote]

The anime becomes a cluster fuck of Story line later on lol