Best Anime Ever Thread

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
If you’re not watching Attack on Titan, you need to watch it[/quote]

I am and enjoying it quite a bit. The only issue I have is that they do that lazy animation at times where they play the sound of a battle or people talking while the camera pans over a still image. It’s as if I am listening to an audiobook while looking at a comic. BUT, that is about the only thing.[/quote]
I actually find myself liking that attribute.[/quote]

Really? I just don’t get it. I might as well get some pencil crayons out, colour in a couple of panels from the manga and stare at them while playing background noise. I didn’t like it in the original Berserk series and not here, just takes me out of the story. I mean, it’s animation, let’s animate something people.

But great series nonetheless, would recommend without a doubt. Came across it by accident and glad I didn’t pass it by.
[/quote]
No exaggeration required lol. It’s a good time manipulator. I also see them as assertions of the atmosphere. You left out the great soundtrack too.

And for the true Attack on Titan fan…or just the impressively obsessed.

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

Damn Impressed, now find a way to turn into a titan and my mind will be officially blown lol

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

Damn Impressed, now find a way to turn into a titan and my mind will be officially blown lol [/quote]

Just making sure we know that it is not me in that video, I just came across it. And yes, I am sure he is working on some formula to make giants. Or he could just attack a pro-basketball team in the meantime for practice.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

- YouTube [/quote]

Damn Impressed, now find a way to turn into a titan and my mind will be officially blown lol [/quote]

I’ve got you covered. I caught up on the manga a few nights ago (after the hugest cunt in the world spoiled a major story point for me) and I understand enough about them at this point to get started.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

- YouTube [/quote]

I’ve got you covered. I caught up on the manga a few nights ago (after the hugest cunt in the world spoiled a major story point for me) and I understand enough about them at this point to get started.[/quote]

Lol who spoiled it for you? gets pretty crazy later into the manga, I want to talk about it but can’t spoil for others, watched Devil Survivor recently which is pretty good as well… Mr ZsasZ I figured it was not you, doesn’t appear like person in video belongs to a body building website, though damn that kids got talent to build something like that!

While we are on subject of best animes ever thread anyone ever watch Steins Gate? Really great storyline and the technology and sci fi aspect is pretty cool.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

- YouTube [/quote]

I’ve got you covered. I caught up on the manga a few nights ago (after the hugest cunt in the world spoiled a major story point for me) and I understand enough about them at this point to get started.[/quote]

Lol who spoiled it for you? gets pretty crazy later into the manga, I want to talk about it but can’t spoil for others, watched Devil Survivor recently which is pretty good as well… Mr ZsasZ I figured it was not you, doesn’t appear like person in video belongs to a body building website, though damn that kids got talent to build something like that!

While we are on subject of best animes ever thread anyone ever watch Steins Gate? Really great storyline and the technology and sci fi aspect is pretty cool. [/quote]

I don’t know the guy. It was a youtube comment (iknorite?). I’m not at all surprised that someone built this lol. I don’t see myself being able to build a replica that wouldn’t be able to conform to the fictional function of the device. It looks like he was able to make it pretty cheap which is also a good thing. The presence of what is essentially a tutorial and blueprints means we’ll be seeing more of these.

I read the first chapter of the manga but didn’t really dive into it in spite of my Netflix account. I really try to ration my anime because otherwise I won’t be able to fixate on anything else for a good bit.

Attack on Titan is really awesome… and very visual, lol. Oow, there goes an arm… Nom nom nom.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I really try to ration my anime because otherwise I won’t be able to fixate on anything else for a good bit.[/quote]

This is my biggest problem. It’s probably better that I am coming into Attack on Titan at the beginning so I am forced to wait a week between episodes. I think I came into Bleach at about episode 150 or something and ended up watching all of them pretty much in a week. I think I watched Baccano in one sitting. Definitely have to be careful when I start watching something.

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I really try to ration my anime because otherwise I won’t be able to fixate on anything else for a good bit.[/quote]

This is my biggest problem. It’s probably better that I am coming into Attack on Titan at the beginning so I am forced to wait a week between episodes. I think I came into Bleach at about episode 150 or something and ended up watching all of them pretty much in a week. I think I watched Baccano in one sitting. Definitely have to be careful when I start watching something.[/quote]
LOL I watched both seasons of Rosario + Vampire in one sitting. I’m never planning for when I’m watching but for when I’m done.

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

This is my biggest problem. It’s probably better that I am coming into Attack on Titan at the beginning so I am forced to wait a week between episodes. I think I came into Bleach at about episode 150 or something and ended up watching all of them pretty much in a week. I think I watched Baccano in one sitting. Definitely have to be careful when I start watching something.[/quote]

Story of my life… Same goes for reading books, video games, learning something new, pretty much everything I get too into things, much more mellow now though lol

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

I am and enjoying it quite a bit. The only issue I have is that they do that lazy animation at times where they play the sound of a battle or people talking while the camera pans over a still image. It’s as if I am listening to an audiobook while looking at a comic. BUT, that is about the only thing. I like the story, the characters are getting well developed, and they have a lot to go on story-wise.

For those not watching, it’s about humanity’s battle with these mindless giants who only eat humans. Civilization was almost wiped out so they built a refuge behind three gigantic circular walls taller than the tallest giant. Life goes on for a 100 years and then one day…Anyway, here is the trailer. Oh, just editing to add that if you are searching for it, you might find it easier under it’s Japanese name Shingeki no Kyojin. Now here is the trailer.

- YouTube [/quote]

Great suggestion. I’m on ep 4 and it’s great so far. Even though there’s very little humor i find it hilarious sometimes, especially with sasha:

Skip to 2:09:

Hunter X Hunter.

/thread

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

[quote]MrZsasz wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

I am and enjoying it quite a bit. The only issue I have is that they do that lazy animation at times where they play the sound of a battle or people talking while the camera pans over a still image. It’s as if I am listening to an audiobook while looking at a comic. BUT, that is about the only thing. I like the story, the characters are getting well developed, and they have a lot to go on story-wise.

For those not watching, it’s about humanity’s battle with these mindless giants who only eat humans. Civilization was almost wiped out so they built a refuge behind three gigantic circular walls taller than the tallest giant. Life goes on for a 100 years and then one day…Anyway, here is the trailer. Oh, just editing to add that if you are searching for it, you might find it easier under it’s Japanese name Shingeki no Kyojin. Now here is the trailer.

- YouTube [/quote]

Great suggestion. I’m on ep 4 and it’s great so far. Even though there’s very little humor i find it hilarious sometimes, especially with sasha:

Skip to 2:09:

Shingeki no Kyojin - "Sasha Farted" - YouTube [/quote]
Only 13 episodes??? Whyyyy!!!

Sorry for spamming AoT but this last episode got me pumped for next week. Seems like shits about to go down. Major props to this thread for introducing it to me.

Sorry for spamming AoT but this last episode got me pumped for next week. Seems like shits about to go down. Major props to this thread for introducing it to me.[/quote]

Lol yeah I read the manga so really far ahead of everything now gets a lot more in depth, wonder what’s gonna happen when they catch up to the manga arc, either pause the series until there’s more material or branch off in some random direction like full metal alchemist or Ao no Exorcist.

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

Sorry for spamming AoT but this last episode got me pumped for next week. Seems like shits about to go down. Major props to this thread for introducing it to me.[/quote]

Lol yeah I read the manga so really far ahead of everything now gets a lot more in depth, wonder what’s gonna happen when they catch up to the manga arc, either pause the series until there’s more material or branch off in some random direction like full metal alchemist or Ao no Exorcist.[/quote]
Hiatus is the only option

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

Lol yeah I read the manga so really far ahead of everything now gets a lot more in depth, wonder what’s gonna happen when they catch up to the manga arc, either pause the series until there’s more material or branch off in some random direction like full metal alchemist or Ao no Exorcist.[/quote]

They do something called "filler’. It fucking sucks.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

They do something called "filler’. It fucking sucks.[/quote]
I rebuke it. Not in this house!

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

They do something called "filler’. It fucking sucks.[/quote]

Lol! I just hope the put it on hold like they did Btoom! Another really good one that I enjoyed.

I have never in my life enjoyed any fillers its like the story and writing can go down the hole in a second, the moment you stray away from the script… I loved bleach and could barely get through those painful filler arcs lol