Best Anime Ever Thread

Anyone know a place I can find oldschool(70’s-80’s) mecha anime? Getter Robo , Mazinger Z, Dangaurd Ace, etc? I used to love Force Five on channel 25 back in the day and I would love to watch those old toons agian.

[quote]kevinm1 wrote:
Anyone know a place I can find oldschool(70’s-80’s) mecha anime? Getter Robo , Mazinger Z, Dangaurd Ace, etc? I used to love Force Five on channel 25 back in the day and I would love to watch those old toons agian.[/quote]
Have you checked Amazon?

[quote]RugbyStrong wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]RugbyStrong wrote:
Hands down Death Note. Nothing can beat it in terms of plot.

Claymore was also pretty fun to watch, although the manga was much better in my opinion. [/quote]
I hope Yagi hasn’t forgot who the main character is …[/quote]

My thoughts exactly! The chapters seem to be getting shorter each month too…[/quote]
He’s just gradually dying lol

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
I’ve been watching “Fairy Tail” lately and really enjoying it. Solid character development and even when they have filler episodes they’re usually pretty funny and maybe only a few in a row - I never feel like I’ll skip an episode (like I might in Naruto Shippuden because there’s too many damn fillers) and find each character truly unique. Another thing I enjoy about the character development is that unlike other anime where I see the secondary characters have their own “couple” of episodes as fillers that don’t do much for the character as a whole - this actually fully develops each individually even within the main arcs. All and all some good quality.

Been looking into:
Darker Than Black
Full Metal Panic

Anyone seen either and have thoughts?[/quote]

I’ll have to look up Fairy Tale when I get home.

Darker Than Black - Cool idea, lame execution. Like so many anime it starts off strong but then fizzles out at the end.

Full Metal Panic! - Decent mecha anime. Nothing really extraordinary about it. The best reason to watch FMP is so you know the characters and back story. Then you can watch Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU, which is some of the funniest shit I have ever seen on TV. I bought FUMOFFU on DVD because it is so fucking hilarious.

I like Gungrave…Big O…

Just watched High School of the Dead and loved it. Only 12 episodes and there definitely needs to be a second season - it just kind of ends without any resolution what so ever almost as though it was in the middle. They just put an ending speech and end-music on the last episode and that was how it “ended” - though it continues in the manga apparently.

Also watched recently:

Chrome Shelled Regios - great but again seems like there should be a second season.
Black Blood Brothers
Code Geass (probably my favorite anime at this point) and Code Geass R2
Demon King Daimo - very enjoyable as well, short but good.

Looking for some recommendations
I prefer the Seinen genre (stuff targeted more towards adults)

Some action, mystery, even a bit of romance isn’t bad, but mainly just looking for good character development and something that doesn’t seem like it ended early and waiting on a second season (unless of course they’re making a second season).

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Just watched High School of the Dead and loved it. Only 12 episodes and there definitely needs to be a second season - it just kind of ends without any resolution what so ever almost as though it was in the middle. They just put an ending speech and end-music on the last episode and that was how it “ended” - though it continues in the manga apparently.

Also watched recently:

Chrome Shelled Regios - great but again seems like there should be a second season.
Black Blood Brothers
Code Geass (probably my favorite anime at this point) and Code Geass R2

Looking for some recommendations
I prefer the Seinen genre (stuff targeted more towards adults)

Some action, mystery, even a bit of romance isn’t bad, but mainly just looking for good character development and something that doesn’t seem like it ended early and waiting on a second season (unless of course they’re making a second season).[/quote]
I recommend Deadman Wonderland

Just giving you guys a heads up. The new Berserk movie just came out on DVD so it expect a fansub to come out in a week or two.

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:
Just giving you guys a heads up. The new Berserk movie just came out on DVD so it expect a fansub to come out in a week or two.[/quote]

in midst of a download now!

This thread needs more talk of Sailor Moon, sigh…

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:
Just giving you guys a heads up. The new Berserk movie just came out on DVD so it expect a fansub to come out in a week or two.[/quote]

[/quote]

With subs? Mind PMing the link?

Fighting evil by moonlight
Winning love by daylight
Never running from a real fight

She is the one named sailor moon
she is the one named sailor moon

She is the one…
SAILOR MOON!!!

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Fighting evil by moonlight
Winning love by daylight
Never running from a real fight

She is the one named sailor moon
she is the one named sailor moon

She is the one…
SAILOR MOON!!!
[/quote]
LOL I remember this

Does Pokemon count? Love me some vulpix

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
Does Pokemon count? Love me some vulpix[/quote]

so does Brock

Prepare for trouble!
Make it double
To protect to world from devastation
To Unite all people within our nation
To denounce the evil of truth and love
To extend our reach to the stars above

God I loved those two.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Prepare for trouble!
Make it double
To protect to world from devastation
To Unite all people within our nation
To denounce the evil of truth and love
To extend our reach to the stars above

God I loved those two.
[/quote]
Jesse … James
Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light
Surrender now or prepare to fight
Meowth, that’s right

They are much more serious in the B/W story arc unfortunately. Dat dere promotion.

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[/quote]

With subs? Mind PMing the link?[/quote]

No dice. It has subs but only japanese, lol