[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

I’m lookin for something new to watch.

Personally my favorites have been
DBZ, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist. Anything that’d fall along those lines? Something more along Bleach/FMA more so then DBZ. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Naruto pretty much follows the DBZ/Bleach/Shonen Jump formula.

Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, Ninja Scroll, and Afro Samurai all have some swanky sword fight scenes. Plus the protagonists don’t stop in the middle of a fight to discuss their feeling and reasons for fighting.

You might like Heat Guy J and Last Exile. One can never go wrong with Ghost in the Shell (movies or animated series), Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop.[/quote]

Yah I watched Naruto - love it and now can’t wait for each episode to come out now that I’m caught up. I’ll have to look at some of those others you mentioned.[/quote]

if you want to read something like that, check out “One Piece”… similiar shonen jump style but I think the story is much much much better then bleach and dbz and I like the characters interactions more then naruto[/quote]
Once Piece will NEVER end[/quote]

The entire series of One Piece up until the time skip was just the prologue to the story. The creator has said that in terms of the characters age currently the story will go on for 10 more years.[/quote]

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

DBZ, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist. Anything that’d fall along those lines? Something more along Bleach/FMA more so then DBZ. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, Ninja Scroll, and Afro Samurai all have some swanky sword fight scenes. Plus the protagonists don’t stop in the middle of a fight to discuss their feeling and reasons for fighting.

You might like Heat Guy J and Last Exile. One can never go wrong with Ghost in the Shell (movies or animated series), Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop.[/quote]

Yah I watched Naruto - love it and now can’t wait for each episode to come out now that I’m caught up. I’ll have to look at some of those others you mentioned.[/quote]

if you want to read something like that, check out “One Piece”… similiar shonen jump style but I think the story is much much much better then bleach and dbz and I like the characters interactions more then naruto[/quote]

The entire series of One Piece up until the time skip was just the prologue to the story. The creator has said that in terms of the characters age currently the story will go on for 10 more years.[/quote]
[/quote]

It makes sense if you think about it in terms of character development. The current crew was still forming all the way up to the shaboady arc, then they get split up in a climactic event leading to the impel down and war of the best arcs. Up to that point Luffy had never run into an enemy he couldn’t beat from the first half of the grand line. In the war of the best arc, he just straight up gets curb stomped by just about everyone from the new world(second half of grand line). This pretty much follows the shonen model where there’s a time skip between the younger age(naruto, dragonball) to the older age(naruto: shippuden, dragonball z).

In the series up to now Luffy is only now catching up to his brother and entering the new world 3 years or so after he started his journey.

If you follow the succession of the straw hat from Shanks to Luffy about 15 years prior, Shanks was already settled as one of the 4 emperors on the grand line(or had at least already faught with Shirohige). Following it back further to when Roger was executed 40 years ago there’s at least a 25 year period where Shanks had the hat. In other words, Shanks has spent a few decades on the grand line before passing on Rogers mantle to Luffy and Luffy is just getting to the new world now.

Obviously the story can’t be anywhere close to ending, even if Luffy manages to secure a spot as an emperor from that bitch Big Mam as is hinted in the current manga.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[/quote]

It makes sense if you think about it in terms of character development. The current crew was still forming all the way up to the shaboady arc, then they get split up in a climactic event leading to the impel down and war of the best arcs. Up to that point Luffy had never run into an enemy he couldn’t beat from the first half of the grand line. In the war of the best arc, he just straight up gets curb stomped by just about everyone from the new world(second half of grand line). This pretty much follows the shonen model where there’s a time skip between the younger age(naruto, dragonball) to the older age(naruto: shippuden, dragonball z).

In the series up to now Luffy is only now catching up to his brother and entering the new world 3 years or so after he started his journey.

If you follow the succession of the straw hat from Shanks to Luffy about 15 years prior, Shanks was already settled as one of the 4 emperors on the grand line(or had at least already fought with Shirohige). Following it back further to when Roger was executed 40 years ago there’s at least a 25 year period where Shanks had the hat. In other words, Shanks has spent a few decades on the grand line before passing on Rogers mantle to Luffy and Luffy is just getting to the new world now.

Obviously the story can’t be anywhere close to ending, even if Luffy manages to secure a spot as an emperor from that bitch Big Mam as is hinted in the current manga.[/quote]
Yeah it does make sense. I was just a little surprised. So will there be a separate continuity title or will Oda continue with the title of One Piece until the end?

The full song with a lot of new stuff

First 10 minutes of the movie but it’s a bit censored

did anyone actually see the berserk movie yet? if so, how was it??

also, CHECK THIS SHIT OUT AHHHHHHHHHHHH LOOKS EPIC

FMA and FMA:B to me are perhaps the best Anime(s)* ever, just fantastic storyline and really focused, smart plot development and storytelling.

For some reason I always loved Blood +, and the Ghost in the Shell series (though I hated the first movie. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I saw it).

• – I still don’t know the plural for ‘anime’

[quote]LHT wrote:
FMA and FMA:B to me are perhaps the best Anime(s)* ever, just fantastic storyline and really focused, smart plot development and storytelling.

For some reason I always loved Blood +, and the Ghost in the Shell series (though I hated the first movie. Maybe I was in a bad mood when I saw it).

• – I still don’t know the plural for ‘anime’[/quote]

anime is the singular and plural!

^^^ Thank you :slight_smile: That makes sense, but I see enough people write ‘animes’ so that I was doubting my own judgement…

I’ve been watching “Fairy Tail” lately and really enjoying it. Solid character development and even when they have filler episodes they’re usually pretty funny and maybe only a few in a row - I never feel like I’ll skip an episode (like I might in Naruto Shippuden because there’s too many damn fillers) and find each character truly unique. Another thing I enjoy about the character development is that unlike other anime where I see the secondary characters have their own “couple” of episodes as fillers that don’t do much for the character as a whole - this actually fully develops each individually even within the main arcs. All and all some good quality.

Been looking into:
Darker Than Black
Full Metal Panic

Anyone seen either and have thoughts?

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

『RUROUNI KENSHIN』 Trailer1 (English) - YouTube [/quote]
FUCK YES

I’ve been watching “Fairy Tail” lately and really enjoying it. Solid character development and even when they have filler episodes they’re usually pretty funny and maybe only a few in a row - I never feel like I’ll skip an episode (like I might in Naruto Shippuden because there’s too many damn fillers) and find each character truly unique. Another thing I enjoy about the character development is that unlike other anime where I see the secondary characters have their own “couple” of episodes as fillers that don’t do much for the character as a whole - this actually fully develops each individually even within the main arcs. All and all some good quality.

Been looking into:
Darker Than Black
Full Metal Panic

Anyone seen either and have thoughts?[/quote]
I agree with your assessment of Fairy Tail? Have you ever read 666 Satan (I think they’re similar in terms of character development)? I’ve seen some Full Metal Panic like 5 years ago. It was an alright show from what I’ve seen, but I haven’t seen/don’t remember enough to give a fair assessment. I’ve heard Darker Than Black was really good from what I’ve heard. It has damn near five stars on Netflix.

I haven’t read any anime I only watch it. I’ll have to start watching Dark Than Black though.

Trailer for the 2nd movie, looks much better

The first movie will come out on dvd/bluray in may so it should be leaked on the internet soon

just started watching anime the past year and have loved all the recommendations here. caught these on netflix, they were pretty good;

High School of the Dead
Trinity Blood
Black Butler
Needless

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
- YouTube [/quote]

ehhhh. apparently dragonball hoshi is just a hoax

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
- YouTube [/quote]

ehhhh. apparently dragonball hoshi is just a hoax

http://thedaoofdragonball.com/blog/fans/dragon-ball-hoshi-explained/ [/quote]
I was afraid of that

Hands down Death Note. Nothing can beat it in terms of plot.

Claymore was also pretty fun to watch, although the manga was much better in my opinion.

[quote]RugbyStrong wrote:

Claymore was also pretty fun to watch, although the manga was much better in my opinion. [/quote]
I hope Yagi hasn’t forgot who the main character is …

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]RugbyStrong wrote:

Claymore was also pretty fun to watch, although the manga was much better in my opinion. [/quote]
I hope Yagi hasn’t forgot who the main character is …[/quote]

My thoughts exactly! The chapters seem to be getting shorter each month too…