Best Anime Ever Thread

MD Geist

I’m gravitating more towards movies now. Anyone see Summer Wars yet?

the manliest anime ever made

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I’m gravitating more towards movies now. Anyone see Summer Wars yet?[/quote]

It’s on my “to watch” list, MadHouse is an excellent studio and after watching the awesome movie The Girl who leapt through time, i’ll be sure to watch it.

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

It’s on my “to watch” list, MadHouse is an excellent studio and after watching the awesome movie The Girl who leapt through time, i’ll be sure to watch it.

[/quote]
I got it off Amazon. It was such a fulfilling movie to watch; truly amazing it deserved all its awards and then some. I’m still contemplating whether or not to get The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Cowboy Bepop and Riding Bean. Bepop has the great soundtrack and Bean has some great dry humor.

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[/quote]
I got it off Amazon. It was such a fulfilling movie to watch; truly amazing it deserved all its awards and then some. I’m still contemplating whether or not to get The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.[/quote]

get it. When they first told me about it I was skeptical, thinking: “Meh! Shoujo!” then i was like: “OMFG! So beautiful!”

[quote]killerDIRK wrote:
Cowboy Bepop and Riding Bean. Bepop has the great soundtrack and Bean has some great dry humor.[/quote]

Cowboy Bebop OST was always playing on my car stereo during traffic and it made me day more pleasant

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[/quote]
I got it off Amazon. It was such a fulfilling movie to watch; truly amazing it deserved all its awards and then some. I’m still contemplating whether or not to get The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.[/quote]

get it. When they first told me about it I was skeptical, thinking: “Meh! Shoujo!” then i was like: “OMFG! So beautiful!”

[/quote]

You guys should definitly check out the movie “Paprika”. I thought it was quite awesome. Also it is pretty psychedelicesque, if you’re into that.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

You guys should definitly check out the movie “Paprika”. I thought it was quite awesome. Also it is pretty psychedelicesque, if you’re into that.
[/quote]
I’ve seen the trailer and clips from it, but never watched the whole movie. I will eventually.

Millenium Dragon was another movie I’ve enjoyed recently.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

x2 Paprika is a good choice.

A 3 piece movie anime that i enjoyed a lot was Memories by Katsuhiro Otomo(Akira’s creator)

3 weeks left

all 3 movies are supposed to come out in 2012

Great thread, but some of the recommendations make me wonder about the requirements people have for justifying the word “good”. I guess I’m going to just go through here and take a majority vote.

Still waiting on the third season of Hajime No Ippo.

Beserk
Gungrave
Death NOte
Both Full metal alchemist
Naruto
Dragon Ball Z

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

I’m lookin for something new to watch.

Personally my favorites have been
DBZ, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist. Anything that’d fall along those lines? Something more along Bleach/FMA more so then DBZ. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Naruto pretty much follows the DBZ/Bleach/Shonen Jump formula.

Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, Ninja Scroll, and Afro Samurai all have some swanky sword fight scenes. Plus the protagonists don’t stop in the middle of a fight to discuss their feeling and reasons for fighting.

You might like Heat Guy J and Last Exile. One can never go wrong with Ghost in the Shell (movies or animated series), Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop.[/quote]

Yah I watched Naruto - love it and now can’t wait for each episode to come out now that I’m caught up. I’ll have to look at some of those others you mentioned.[/quote]

if you want to read something like that, check out “One Piece”… similiar shonen jump style but I think the story is much much much better then bleach and dbz and I like the characters interactions more then naruto

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

DBZ, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist. Anything that’d fall along those lines? Something more along Bleach/FMA more so then DBZ. Any suggestions?[/quote]

Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Sword of the Stranger, Ninja Scroll, and Afro Samurai all have some swanky sword fight scenes. Plus the protagonists don’t stop in the middle of a fight to discuss their feeling and reasons for fighting.

You might like Heat Guy J and Last Exile. One can never go wrong with Ghost in the Shell (movies or animated series), Trigun, or Cowboy Bebop.[/quote]

Yah I watched Naruto - love it and now can’t wait for each episode to come out now that I’m caught up. I’ll have to look at some of those others you mentioned.[/quote]

if you want to read something like that, check out “One Piece”… similiar shonen jump style but I think the story is much much much better then bleach and dbz and I like the characters interactions more then naruto[/quote]
Once Piece will NEVER end

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Just gonna throw it out here. I’m looking for good suggestions to buy some new stuff. Here’s my personal best list:

Berserk - that anime kicked major ass. We’re so overdue for a sequel. The manga’s good, too
Hellsing - Vampires with giant guns. No more need be said
Bastard!!
Ninja Scroll - Both the movie and the animated tv serie. [/quote]

Came in here to talk about Berserk, was pleasently surprised with OP. Best anime I have EVER seen, completely transcends the medium.

But I completely disagree on the sequel and manga bit. The manga is good up until where the anime dropped off, but the anime is a pretty faithful interpretation anyway.

But the second arc? Absolutely terrible. It went from a beautiful, powerful and dense storytelling to just run off the mill shonen, complete with cheap senseless plot, character design that looks like something out of Bleach, and a ‘humorous’ sidekick

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

if you want to read something like that, check out “One Piece”… similiar shonen jump style but I think the story is much much much better then bleach and dbz and I like the characters interactions more then naruto[/quote]
Once Piece will NEVER end[/quote]

The entire series of One Piece up until the time skip was just the prologue to the story. The creator has said that in terms of the characters age currently the story will go on for 10 more years.