I am preparing to run a 12-week cycle consisting of 200mg a week of testosterone(mainly used to avoid a low-t condition), and 30mg/day of Winstrol from weeks 5-12. The purpose of this cycle is to improve strength and endurance in an athletic capacity. I have been told that adding low doses of Deca(200mg/week) for the duration of a cycle like this would greatly enhance my recovery capacity.
I have also looked into Proviron(100mg/day), after hearing about its relative safety for an oral steroid, as well as its ability to enhance the effects of other compounds. However, I am not interested in spending money on these things if they will not provide real benefits. I am looking to maximize the athletic and performance benefits of Winstrol. What do you think about Deca and Proviron as potential additions to a plan like this?
Ok I’m going to ask a few questions and I want you to answer honestly
- What sport or athletic endeavor is this for
- At what competitive level are you playing at
- How old are you
- Are you on TRT or is this a cycle on, cycle off type scenario
- Why start the winny on week 5, what’s the point of running what may only be a replacement dose of testosterone for the first five weeks. One could run a short estered testosterone (test prop) with the winny for a shorter period of time, typically shorter cycles are more productive for those who aren’t planning on blasting and cruising as it gives large amounts of improvement in a shorter time as your body gets shocked by the excess androgen and shorter cycles typically mean quicker recovery, less time off and may equate to better gains. Whether shorter cycles with higher dosages is safer than longer cycles with lower dosages… I don’t know.
- Winstrol… If your sport is primarily anaerobic in nature I can’t say I’d recommend winstrol, winstrol will make you stronger and faster, however it also seems to cause brittle tendons predisposing many to a greatly increased risk of muscle and tendon tears. Joint pain is also a commonly reported phenomenon with winstrol, many report a “dry” or “creaky” feeling in their joints, many people can’t take winstrol at all due to severe joint pain. The reason deca durabolin was recommended was probably to combat the joint pain, as nandrolone has a reputation for helping with joint pain (and I’ll say from my experience it does).
- Winstrol (stanozolol) is very harsh on the lipids, unless you have an amazing lipid profile or aren’t sensitive to the adverse affects on cholesterol AAS can have I’d advise taking extreme precaution with regards to eating healthy, taking supplements (nac, fish oil etc).
- Proviron (mesterolone) isn’t needed. The brosciency purpose of proviron is to lower SHBG as it has a very strong binding affinity to sex hormone binding globulin. Androgens and testosterone are typically also bound to SHBG, the higher your SHBG the more “bound” testosterone or X androgen is in your system and less free (circulating, constantly usable) testosterone or androgen is in your bloodstream, it was originally thought lower SHBG was better in all cases. However there is an optimal range, very low SHBG can cause a lot of problems over the long run, however I’m not going to get into that. Winstrol is one of the most potent anabolic steroids with regards to it’s binding affinity to sex hormone binding globulin. I don’t see the point of stacking winny and proviron. Another thing to note is that proviron is readily broken down and metabolised into inactive metabolites by the 3β-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase enzyme, therefore any impact on performance enhancement should be minimal. If you want an extra boost and you feel as if you HAVE to stack something else with similar, dry, lean properties (which I don’t think it a good idea), go with drostanolone (not primobolan), primo is faked too often. Drostanolone will also dramatically lower SHBG significantly too however it isn’t broken down by the 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme. It is very similar in structure to proviron. Proviron is 1a-methyl-dihydrotestosterone and drostanolone is 2a-methyl-dihydrotestoerone… Literally the only difference between the two is at which carbon atom the methyl group is attached to and apparently this makes a difference in the anabolic properties of each compound, it’s fascinating stuff that I don’t fully understand yet but will one day.
You should listen to the guy that commented first, he knows his stuff and he brought up a few good questions.
All that being put to the side. What you described as your desired results just screamed EQ/equipoise/boldenone to me. It is known to increase red blood cells and endurance. Go read up on it, it really is a dual purpose compound. People regularly use it to cut or gain. I myself see a wonderful increase in strength and stamina. Not to mention the shortened recovery time. I don’t think it is known to have as good of a positive impact on joints but it does have a positive influence on collagen which might just balance out the negative impacts of the winstrol.