Best Action Star Ever...

Watch this before going to the gym…

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Anyone ever see Shinjuku Incident? [/quote]

That’s the more serious one he did of gathering up a gang of locals to fight against the criminal syndicates right? I like that he dropped some of the silly comedy for that one, and it’s quite a bit better than some of the other stuff he’s done recently, but I still feel it was kind of middle of the road. It didn’t really feel like a Jackie Chan film should feel with all the stunts and funky flip kicks, I think that’s my main reason for feeling it was kind of drifting on through.[/quote]

Yeap, I know what you mean, i just treated the film as its own thing and didn’t compare it to Chan’s other work… Sometimes I feel when actors do their best is when you forget who they are when you are watching the movie, like obviously you still recognize them as who they are but you see the role they play more then the person. It was a bit darker but pretty good and definitely interesting to see more depth and range out of Jackie. [/quote]

Shinjuku Incident was a Derek Yee(One Nite in Mongkok) project. It wasn’t meant to be a Jackie Chan film. They only cast him to gain financing and I think Jackie’s presense was actually detrimental to the film.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Anyone ever see Shinjuku Incident? [/quote]

That’s the more serious one he did of gathering up a gang of locals to fight against the criminal syndicates right? I like that he dropped some of the silly comedy for that one, and it’s quite a bit better than some of the other stuff he’s done recently, but I still feel it was kind of middle of the road. It didn’t really feel like a Jackie Chan film should feel with all the stunts and funky flip kicks, I think that’s my main reason for feeling it was kind of drifting on through.[/quote]

Yeap, I know what you mean, i just treated the film as its own thing and didn’t compare it to Chan’s other work… Sometimes I feel when actors do their best is when you forget who they are when you are watching the movie, like obviously you still recognize them as who they are but you see the role they play more then the person. It was a bit darker but pretty good and definitely interesting to see more depth and range out of Jackie. [/quote]

Shinjuku Incident was a Derek Yee(One Nite in Mongkok) project. It wasn’t meant to be a Jackie Chan film. They only cast him to gain financing and I think Jackie’s presense was actually detrimental to the film.
[/quote]

Hmm, I wasn’t aware of that. I think it was shallow because of Jackie too, it didn’t fit with his style or personality, interesting to know why that was. Had Derek Yee been cast, I expect it would not have made it too far from Hong Kong audiences, but may have been the better movie.

No way, Christopher lee rules supreme.
Went against bond
Made Darth vader
Almost conquered middle earth
Sherlock holmes, Dracula,
And was a real life spy in WW2
Still alive and kicking making heavy metal albums!

Christopher Lee…Respect.
Pushin’ 91 years old, and likely never took any of the body/brain supplements that are hawked
on here, and will have lived more years than most of us will.