Best Action Star Ever...

…Of all time, he’s been in Action flicks consistently for over 40 years,
40 friggin years, much longer than Stallone, Arnold, etc.
and he’s STILL makin’ em…Who is like him??
No one, that’s who.
BTW, why are we in the states being denied his latest release in theaters
here?

[quote]Karado wrote:
…Of all time, he’s been in Action flicks consistently for over 40 years,
40 friggin years, much longer than Stallone, Arnold, etc.
and he’s STILL makin’ em…Who is like him??
No one, that’s who.
BTW, why are we in the states being denied his latest release in theaters
here?

[/quote]

Don’t worry, his latest one wasn’t so great.

Not to slight Jackie Chan and his brilliant stunt proficiency, but I prefer his older Police Story, Drunken Master days.

One of the worst trailers I have ever seen holy shit.

Yeah he hasn’t done anything good in quite some time, but then again neither have arnold, stallone, lundgren etc…

Anyone ever see Shinjuku Incident?

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Anyone ever see Shinjuku Incident? [/quote]

That’s the more serious one he did of gathering up a gang of locals to fight against the criminal syndicates right? I like that he dropped some of the silly comedy for that one, and it’s quite a bit better than some of the other stuff he’s done recently, but I still feel it was kind of middle of the road. It didn’t really feel like a Jackie Chan film should feel with all the stunts and funky flip kicks, I think that’s my main reason for feeling it was kind of drifting on through.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]cstratton2 wrote:
Anyone ever see Shinjuku Incident? [/quote]

That’s the more serious one he did of gathering up a gang of locals to fight against the criminal syndicates right? I like that he dropped some of the silly comedy for that one, and it’s quite a bit better than some of the other stuff he’s done recently, but I still feel it was kind of middle of the road. It didn’t really feel like a Jackie Chan film should feel with all the stunts and funky flip kicks, I think that’s my main reason for feeling it was kind of drifting on through.[/quote]

Yeap, I know what you mean, i just treated the film as its own thing and didn’t compare it to Chan’s other work… Sometimes I feel when actors do their best is when you forget who they are when you are watching the movie, like obviously you still recognize them as who they are but you see the role they play more then the person. It was a bit darker but pretty good and definitely interesting to see more depth and range out of Jackie.

Yeah, I know what you all mean…he’s been ‘coasting’ especially when he finally became very famous
in the U.S. after RITB and the RH films, the man’s a friggin’ workaholic as you all know, alternating between American and HK stuff.
CRIME STORY and THUNDERBOLT were better than I expected off the top of my head,
Not outstanding films, but definitely worth a look on a draggy night, and better than most “straight to video” American
thrillers.

Harrison Ford, hands down.

Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, The Fugitive, Air Force One, Blade Runner, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, K19: The Widowmaker.

What action star can lay claim to having starred in a collection of movies more impressive than that?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade, The Fugitive, Air Force One, Blade Runner, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, K19: The Widowmaker.

What action star can lay claim to having starred in a collection of movies more impressive than that? [/quote]
Tom cruise possibly.

lol

[quote]Rollsroyce13 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

What action star can lay claim to having starred in a collection of movies more impressive than that? [/quote]
Tom cruise possibly.

lol[/quote]

For me, it’s a tie between Angelina Jolie, Nicolas Cage and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. All visionary frontrunners in the tense, unforgiving environment of explosions and running really fast.

Bruce Willis!!

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Bruce Willis!! [/quote]

Yes this!!

Sure DB, Harrison is a 100% pure action star who’s never used a stunt double…who can also forget the action classics American Graffiti,
Working Girl, Sabrina, Regarding Henry, Six Days Seven Nights, Presumed Innocent, The Devils Own, and the breathtaking action
of his new movie “42”?

Even though a lot of the his HK films don’t have the filmmaking ‘finesse’ and the big budget of Hollywood,
no one comes close in the action dept…Jackie has been doing stunts YEARS before Harrison Ford was a twinkle in George Lucas’s
Eye, Years before Arnold was even a inflation in James Cameron’s ego, and about 20 years BEFORE Bruce uttered “Yippee Ka-Yay…”,And Jackie is STILL scaling buildings like a fuckin’ monkey.

These other guys are entertaining, but no one comes remotely close to the action legend in terms of a PURE action career with stunts done by the actor himself.

Below is just a small taste of his incredible life risking career…Dwayne Johnson would shit his pants even thinking about doing some of these himself.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
[/quote]

Might spend the rest of this thread finding outrageous Walker Texas Ranger videos.

“Nha I like it better the other way”

LOL

Motherfucking Chuck Norris.

[quote]Big Kahuna wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
[/quote]

Might spend the rest of this thread finding outrageous Walker Texas Ranger videos.[/quote]

Hahahahaha! So silly yet fucking badass.

Chuck Norris is so badass, Bruce Lee killed him and he came back to life!
Gotta give props to Norris too for longevity in Action movies for over 40 years as well,
probably before most of your parents even fucking met each other…lol.