Best Abs Workout?

That’s what i was getting at, what i was trying to say was doing rectus work gives u a hunch back so why would u do it. I personally have never done a crunch or sit up in my life and do all my core work through compound unilateral limb movements tightening up through my core.
All i’m saying is if you do rectus abdominis work u need to support it with hip extensor work so you dont have problems later in life.

…Wait a minute i actually just went back and took the time to read what you said Matgic. The way i developed my abs was through one arm core activation work through tensing my rectus abdominis and activating my TVA, i no your logic behind what your saying, and i no the TVA and rectus are two different muscles, TVA works to hold the abdominal contents and strengthen the lower back where the rectus works to bend our torso up 30 degrees from the ground.
Your angle is true in some respect but i no how i trained to get what i got and it wasn’t through crunches or sit ups coz i purly dont want to destroy my posture later in life.

Yea, I get what you’re saying. Personally, I probably neglect training the rectus way too much, but then again, I am not seeking primarily aesthetic goals. Not to say that training the rectus can’t help with raising ones lifts, as it certainly can.

But I agree that the basic compound movements should make up the bulk of one’s “core” work and that there is little need for a ton of rectus work. More than there not even being a little need, too much of it in relation to training other musculature can be detrimental.

I think we’re on the same page here.

-MAtt

Yeah mate you seem like a good bloke to talk about training and stuff, sounds like you no your stuff which is the least i can say for other posts i’ve read on T-Nation, in the future i’ll have to look out for your posts to discuss topics in greater length, good sh*t.
Catch ya buddy.

Thanks man. I’ll be looking out for your posts as well. Welcome to The Nation.

-MAtt