T Nation

Berries?

I had read that eating almost any berry is ok on the AD during now carb up days. If this is true how much is acceptable to eat?

If its a carb up day I don’t see why you couldn’t have any fruit you wanted…if its a low carb day, berries generally have a low amount of carbs, some more than others.

Goji.

Its not just berries that are low in carbs. Go to www.nutrition.com and look up your favorite fruit, you may be surprised.

Effective carbs:

apricot - 3g
4oz strawberries - 7g
plum - 7g
4oz blackberries - 8g

apple - 13g
orange - 15g
4oz cherries - 16g
4oz grapes - 19g

Uhh why are you worrying about berries on the AD carb up day? If you’ve ever read the diet you wouldn’t even be asking this question.

I have read about the AD and know that berries are okay on carb up days, but I had read that they were okay to eat during non carb days and wanted to know if there was any truth to this.

[quote]king044 wrote:
I have read about the AD and know that berries are okay on carb up days, but I had read that they were okay to eat during non carb days and wanted to know if there was any truth to this.
[/quote]

yeah methinks you had a typo in ur original post. I would stick to blueberries or some other low glycemic berry, and even then just have them in the morning when you first wake up, but none after that.

Just experiment with it and you’ll figure out after a couple weeks what you can, and can’t, get away with.