Bernie Beats Bezos

I think the majority of the world sees no reason to subsidize the workers of the richest man in the world. Unlike you.

Also. If I were Amazon, I’d immediately put a restriction on those roles so they cannot be hired in above a set amount ($15/hr) whereas before high quality candidates could easily start in the 16-20 range.

I’m not Amazon, but if I was that’s what I would do.

So, if the employee could live in a single room in a group home near his employer while eating rice and beans, that would be okay. Do you not think that is achievable on less than “minimum wage?”

Because an employer doesn’t make decisions for his employees outside of what is mutually agreed upon by them. You want people to need employer approval prior to procreating, moving, getting cable, etc.

And a jerkoff that equates being disabled with a choice. Does this have anything to really do with someone worth 150 billion, not paying his workers enough to get off government help?

Zep, this is another dodge and misdirect. You’ve been asked 6 or 7 times by 3 different people what you did (or didn’t do) with the work from home information Basement Gainz provided you several months ago.

If you’re not too disabled to post on an Internet discussion forum several hours a day most days of the week, you’re not too disabled to work. So, yes, you’ve made the choice not to work. It’s actually kinda offensive to truly disabled people that you keep trying to use that excuse.

3 Likes

What is gods name are you talking about with these points? I’m not tallying a score. If I was, it’s be 5,000,000,000 to 0. “Starvation Wages” implies someone can’t afford to EAT FOOD on their wages and low income earners are OBESE. They’re the most obese ya dense fuck.

Yes, ten fucking years doing OPEX FP&A analysis.

They will likely see no change now and lower increases in the future as a means to absorb the increased cost of low skilled labor. Congrats, you’ve now limited the earnings potential of the majority of Amazon workers including those that move up from entry-level jobs. Well done.

You’re an idiot and a hypocrite. You want things as cheap as possible too. You literally want free healthcare the cheapest form of healthcare FOR YOU at MY expense. You can fuck right on off your high horse.

I support co-ops at a higher cost to myself. I support a local butcher at a higher cost to myself. By buying goods off Amazon I support the livelihood of 500,000+ Amazon employees. I also support your dumbass by working.

@Basement_Gainz told you about work you could while resting on your taint at home. Did you follow up? 100% chance the answer is no.

Fuck off.

1 Like

I have never done that. You’re the worst fucking person on this site and probably in the United States.

People have offered you solutions to your problems and you just fucking cry and cry and cry.

No shit.

I’ve seen what truly debilitating looks like and it doesn’t including posting about Mah Welfer on the interwebs every day.

1 Like

You don’t understand the economics of business. You don’t understand the labor market. You don’t understand basic business decision-making, budgeting, so on and so forth. You’re so far out of your depth it’s almost unfathomable even for you.

I guarantee similar businesses to Amazon will follow suit, more ma & pa’s will close as they can’t keep up, Amazon et al will become more profitable as a result (becoming more monopolistic in the process, derp), and prices will go up or employment numbers will be cut (not necessarily at Amazon, but at similar business that rely on low skilled warehouse labor), and then people like you, as economically illiterate as you are, will cry as the cost of your tampons will increase by 5%-10%.

Well done.

Answering a question with a question. Solid rebuttal.

Genius, people making $15/hour are still eligible for subsidies. As prices go up, which is almost inevitable, so to will the threshold for subsidies.

Wrong.

It will respond by increasing wages AND the public will pay for it in the form of higher prices for goods, the same if not more subsidization as employee headcount will likely decline (read higher unemployment), and/or the floor for subsidization will increase thus increasing subsidization. Also, struggling business already operating on the margin will suffer and likely close further consolidating employment with places like Amazon (monopoly, well done).

Lol. You’re just a clown. You just vomit nonsense.

We “subsidies” all kinds of businesses. How do you think your medicine gets paid for? How do you think JHU’s MS research is funded? How do you think US farming continues to exists? How do you think your favorite co-ops are funded (oh, wait, I almost forgot you don’t support co-ops).

Get a fucking clue. Your talking points are tired and stupid.

I find this hard to believe

1 Like

The cutest most naive thing I’ve seen in a while, believe Amazon will absorb the increased cost of compensation as opposed to the public. Hilarious. I’d expect that sort of analysis from a 3-year-old.

For real. I knew a guy (now deceased) that was a C1-2 quad, like used a sip&puff to move his chair that did telephone sales.

1 Like

Who actually lives like this?

Another fantasy world belief. There is so much that isn’t considered from you side. Unless he has much power and money. So he uses them as heavy influence. Until Bezos was shamed into paying more. He paid below the average pay for a warehouse worker. Do you think he upped the pay for his workers out of the kindness of his heart?

He didn’t up the pay for his workers though. He upped the minimum hourly wage which affected a certain proportion of his workers - if there was a proportional pay raise across the whole organization affecting everyone, then I haven’t read about it.

Without a smartphone and head gear-which I can’t afford-no one wants to talk with you. Right now I’m working on something else. Does anyone really believe that I want to live on these scraps and have NO hope for a future?

My symptoms leave me little strength to do much of anything. My balance, coordination and motor skills are basically shot. My ability to walk is extremely compromised. And my speech is sometimes off. Can’t get out the words I want to. So yeah, MS has made me disabled and I’m not allowed to get the treatment I want in this country because the “healthcare” system is run primarily for profit not health.

When the term starvation wages is uttered anyone knows what is meant, except you. You have to pretend so you can make up a convoluted story so that you can somehow be right. Your points are incredibly weak, like you.

As if I could work. You already waste plenty of tax money lining the pockets of the pharma industry that sells garbage designed to treat symptoms and comes with plenty of side effects, not get to the root cause of something. Instead the population could choose something(stem cell treatment) that could get them off of disability and back to work. But you are caught in a Catch-22, you claim to want a smaller government but when this runs up against negatively effecting profits of an industry that you claim not to care anything about then you defend them at every turn and choose to pay more as a consequence Man it must be difficult to live in your contradictory fantasy world.

You supported an organization that pays their workers below average with horrible working conditions. Bravo! You must be so proud.

Already been answered.

I’d guess because you have health insurance you have nothing to worry about. News flash! People WITH health insurance in this country go bankrupt as well. Another great feature of our “healthcare” system.

Such as?

Like the “healthcare” system in this country. Who wants to make money from my unfortunate circumstances. Not give me help but make money from my disease. How wonderful!

Funny, that’s what I was thinking as you spent dozens of posts arguing that a study performed in hamsters was performed in humans despite at least five posters showing you the quoted part of the Methods section which proved that it was done in hamsters.

2 Likes

Fixed that for ya.

1 Like