Berberine Supplement

Has Biotest considered making a berberine supplement? The studies in the past few years have some pretty significant results in terms of insulin sensitivity, lowering blood glucose, reducing blood pressure, reducing LDL cholesterol, among others. In fact it may be on par with metformin. I sure as hell would be interested in it.

Probably won’t happen mate- INDIGO works through similar pathways and unlike berberine it doesn’t inhibit muscle growth. It is a shame though, as I really liked berberine but noticed it makes me small(er).

Eh, the whole AMPK / muscle atrophy thing hasn’t played out in human clinical settings, only in vitro studies have showed this. If you do intense exercise (which induces PGC-1a and modulates the suppression of muscle hypertrophy in cells) and eat protein throughout the day, there will be plenty of mTOR stimulation.

With all due respect to Biotest, berberine has far more impressive studies on it than cyanidin-3-glucoside. I’m not even sure there is one human in vivo study showing C3G’s effects (or its possible absorption problems). Whereas berberine has been shown to be as effective as metformin in human studies, a well-known pharmaceutical for treating type II diabetes.

just wondering what doses are recommended on a daily basis?

check out the examine.com page on it

we will have to agree to disagree on this my friend. At the end of the day, as much as I value quality research, my body is the best lab for MY purposes. I worked out as much as per usual and ate the same amount of protein and the muscle loss was noticeable.

TLDR: Personal experience trumps research

for sure!

I was just re-reading the studies on phosphatidic acid and was getting a little giddy, but that is off-topic from berberine, hah!