T Nation

Berardi's Precision Nutrition

I ordered Precision Nutrition last night, and I’m wondering if it was worth the money. My diet has been coming along pretty well, I’m working on adding more carbs to my PWO mean currently and just picked up some red potatoes.

I’m trying to cut down to under 155 lbs, then work on building back up while maintaining a pretty decent level of leanness. I’m pretty happy with how my fat loss has been progressing, but not so happy with my weight progression on my lifts.

I’m going to keep dieting, solely because if I stopped now I’d feel like I’m flip flopping around and not committing myself to a goal long enough to see it to completion.

I think I really just wanted to the cookbook, but has anybody else purchased this, what did they think of it, and was it worth the money.

100% WORTH the money

Great. I found some older posts of people saying the same thing. I can’t wait to check it out.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

yeah, I wasn’t going to say anything, unless he’s a midget.

Its a great package, and you get access to plenty of things on the website. The GN cookbook is awesome too. The GN 2.0 might be a bit better though, something to check out as well. Its a bit pricey but its very worth it, in my opinion.

All-in-all someone who has been doing this for years might not get too much out of it, but the cookbooks have tons in info in them, and if you really use the system to its fullest it can really take you to “the next level.”

PN is great simply because its all the nutrition information consolidated into one nice book.

i would suggest also getting a copy of gourmet nutrition as well, the recipis in that book are so good.

easy to understand and gives you excellent guidlines into how to set up your own nutrition plan.

I’m 5’7". Its a long story, actually not that long, I just want to learn how to lose weight before I start working on putting it on.

I wanted a copy of gourmet nutrition, and I thought it came with the precision nutrition. It sounds like a good resource though. Thanks for the replies.

Well worth the money, in my opinion.

GN does come with PN, just not V2 that’s all.

I like GN1 since it’s spiral bound, I hear GN2 isn’t, which is nice to have spiral in the kitchen.

I may purchase this package at some point. A lot of people have raved about it, though the skeptic in me wonders what OTHER information I could get out of it after reading so much about nutrition on here. According to PN followers, a lot more can be learned from PN. I think I’m willing to check it out.

I’d definitely pick up Gourmet Nutrition 2.0 at least. I bet just cooking meals from that would change your body comp for the better. And, I respect JB a ton.

It’s a great purchase very good advice in there like this site. P.S. you’re losing muscle along with the weight hence the strength loss. Red Potatoes?

Coff. I’m 5’7 n was at 155lbs.

Cutting blow that… = No Comment.

I got it the day it came out(I think I got a discount too!), defiantly worth the money. Hell, Gourmet Nutrition alone with worth $80 in my opinion!

I was looking for sweet potatoes but they didn’t have them, because I’ve been eating brocolli and spinach or maybe some bread as a pwo solid meal carb source. I’m still working on improving my diet and nutrition, hence picking up this little package deal, which I’m happy I did.

My lifts aren’t going down, they just aren’t going up as fast as I would like them to.

I’m going to lose 5 lbs, not exactly a huge cut. It should take about a month. In the mean time, I jump a lot of rope, do rower intervals, still lift, and learn how to eat right. I’m building up my work capacity and learning how my body reacts to what I put into it. After a couple months of trial, error, and adjustment, my diet will be pretty solid, barring few tweaks here and there.

Six months down the line, or whenever I have all the muscle I feel like putting on, hopefully without a 5/1 ratio of fat gain to muscle gain, I’ll be a pretty happy guy.

Personally, I think this is a pretty smart way to approach the situation.

So, Coff, thanks for the constructive input.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I was looking for sweet potatoes but they didn’t have them, because I’ve been eating brocolli and spinach or maybe some bread as a pwo solid meal carb source. I’m still working on improving my diet and nutrition, hence picking up this little package deal, which I’m happy I did.

My lifts aren’t going down, they just aren’t going up as fast as I would like them to.

I’m going to lose 5 lbs, not exactly a huge cut. It should take about a month. In the mean time, I jump a lot of rope, do rower intervals, still lift, and learn how to eat right. I’m building up my work capacity and learning how my body reacts to what I put into it. After a couple months of trial, error, and adjustment, my diet will be pretty solid, barring few tweaks here and there.

Six months down the line, or whenever I have all the muscle I feel like putting on, hopefully without a 5/1 ratio of fat gain to muscle gain, I’ll be a pretty happy guy.

Personally, I think this is a pretty smart way to approach the situation.

So, Coff, thanks for the constructive input.

[/quote]

what is your starting point, are you a somehwat experienced lifter?

you can easily find all the information that PN contains on this site but PN puts it all together in a simpleeasy way as well as outlines. also, im not sure how much muscle you think your going to grow in 6 months, especially now that your “cutting”. you should probably think more long term for any sort of substantial gains

I’m somewhat experienced but really starting over. I know what most lifts are, though I’m still learning new ones or variations. I used to work out all the time in high school, and stopped in college except for some pullups and pushups and maybe an occasional trip to the gym. I started rock climbing my last two years, and that got me to the gym more.

Now, I’m not climbing at all anymore and trying to add some more size and strength, particularly to my legs and shoulders. I’m more focused on strength, but the size will come when I start eating at a level conducive to adding strength.

I’m more in a groundwork phase. When I first found this site, I was fat and out of shape. Now, I am slightly leaner and in pretty good shape. I’m pretty happy with my body composition right now, but really I’m just finishing what I started. I tend not to follow things through, but now I’m working on that.

In all its a work in progress, and I’m still on version 1.3 of my reimmersion to training. 2.0 starts about a month from now.

By the way, the Precision Nutrition package arrived today, and it seems worth it just for the recipes. I’ll pour through it for the next few days, and probably learn some things.

Once you receive the book, be sure to try out the Greek Burgers. By far my favorite PN/GN recipe as of right now.