Berardi's G Flux

I’m looking for anyone who follow’s Berardi’s G flux plan to share their experience. There is some historic stuff on this site so it would be good to hear more up to date stories.

I’m a bit of a training junkie and split my time between strength training and various conditioning sessions, so I believe I am inadvertently following the principles. However, Berardi talks of training up to 12 hours per week and I am struggling to see how this is viable without introducing twice daily sessions, which would start to eat into other commitments.

Nothing earth shattering or likely to be “debunked”. It’s just increasing your activity levels instead of reducing food intake.

It’s up to 12 hours. From memory, Berardi was doing 90 minutes training sessions each day.

You don’t have to do that but it means less food.

G-Flux isnt a plan or a program to try or follow, its just the simple idea of increasing the amount of activity you do and increasing the amount of food you eat.

To put it another way, Take a person who eats maintenance level calories at 3,000 calories a day, if you increase it to 4,000 calories a day they will look and perform better even they are still eating “maintenance”

As far as having done it and the results, The periods of my life I have had the luxury of time to do such a thing (drastically increase my energy expenditure and food intake) I saw the same type of results that Berardi did.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
G-Flux isnt a plan or a program to try or follow, its just the simple idea of increasing the amount of activity you do and increasing the amount of food you eat.

To put it another way, Take a person who eats maintenance level calories at 3,000 calories a day, if you increase it to 4,000 calories a day they will look and perform better even they are still eating “maintenance”

As far as having done it and the results, The periods of my life I have had the luxury of time to do such a thing (drastically increase my energy expenditure and food intake) I saw the same type of results that Berardi did.[/quote]

Cheers Lonnie. I understand the concept. I also appreciate that not everyone can run programmes that involve so much time commitment. I’ve also been getting some grief from my other half recently for that very thing! I’ve been looking into joining a gym near work so I can throw in some sessions at lunch time 3 days a week, which would give me opportunity to run twice a day sessions on those day when I come home and train. We will see.