T Nation

Bent Press

I’m looking for videos on these and it I cannot find a thing. The descriptions I’ve read in articles don’t do much for me, so I’d like to see someone do this before I try, even with a 5lb dumbbbell.

Here’s an article with some pictures(no video though, sorry):

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/282/

its actually not all that hard to figure out.

here ya go

1. pick up a weight as if to do a standing military press

2. instead of pressing the weight up, push your torso down and away (the weight doesn’t move, only you do). At this point your arm should be fairly straight.

3. Stand up

pretty simple

trogdor is right, but still most have a hard time with this

your forearm will stay upright and fixed in space … yes you push your body down and away … transferring the load to your lat … until your arm is straight … and then you stand up

this takes a solid shoulder girdle, trunk strength and flexibility, and good lat strength

probably a good idea to start with and master windmills with good weight before progressing to bent presses … this will take care of the trunk strength and flexibility which is most often the weak link in the chain

[quote]Trogdor wrote:
its actually not all that hard to figure out.

here ya go

1. pick up a weight as if to do a standing military press

2. instead of pressing the weight up, push your torso down and away (the weight doesn’t move, only you do). At this point your arm should be fairly straight.

3. Stand up

pretty simple[/quote]

Shit, no pics/descriptions have really simplified it down to this, as they should. All I keep reading about was corkscrewing my body and stuff like that. This is actually pretty easy as far as form is concerned, but I can see it being really taxing once I start to do it in a routine.