Ben's Training (The Stupid Thread 3)

Yeah, Eldarato state park was pretty awesome! We also rode a coal train through the mountains. Great weather! Saw two friends and their wives. I’ve known them since I was 6.

IMG_20210904_151611413

5 Likes

Did you visit Denver? I am bumped we did not get together. Since this forum does not have an IM feature it is hard to communicate private info. Anyway if you ever come back to the Denver area I would enjoy having lunch with you my treat and I go to one of the best gyms in Colorado and I would really enjoy a proper lesson.

2 Likes

Yeah, Denver is great! Would be fun to get lunch next time.

1 Like

Remember the John Denver song ( John Denver - Rocky Mountain High (Official Audio) - YouTube )? Well, I took it to heart at 27 I moved to Colorado from being a hick who grew up in Alabama in 1980s and have lived here ever since. I have spent the last 30 years exploring every inch of this state via hiking boots, mtn bike, RV and Hotel Gambling. Pick your poison bring your lady. The hot thing right now is Escooters and I have 4.

1 Like

I am thinking the arms every (or close to it) training session might be paying off. My wife took this one of me candidly relaxing on some rocks in a stream. Starting to think the right arm has some shape too it other than a deformed skinny potato. Not sure why the left looks so much worse lol?

On a side note, damn my quads are terrible! The insertions are just pretty high from the knee. Just pulled them up for a deeper section of the stream.

7 Likes

:rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Dayum you look lean.

P.s - right arm is better cuz its for fapping :smiley:

2 Likes

I went to a gym in Denver with one of those inbody scanners. I tried it out, and it says 14.1%. Now I don’t put much stock into those, but in this case I think it is about right.

I’ll try switching off. I’ll keep it journaled here for science. JK!

2 Likes

Bro. You are so damn sexy. Like for real! No homo obviously but damn, lookin so good.

Also love those shorts! I have a pair of jeans I’ve been meaning to make cut offs for so long and this might be what pushes me over the edge to getting it done

2 Likes

They sell these poser cut offs. Don’t fall for that. Make your own, and whatever you do, stay away from jorts. Much cooler to have the long strings that come with actual cutoffs.

Only married dudes get laid reluctantly wearing these bad boys.

Oh I would never! These are some buckle jeans that the bottoms got messed up on. Gonna be high falootin jorts. Also will be 6-7” inseams, so extra sexy

1 Like

You actually have quads though. I have to go a bit longer on the inseam, otherwise people will be thinking I skip leg day.

1 Like

Yea when I flex :joy: I’m gonna have to alter my walk to keep constant tension on my quads lol they are lean enough to look good with a little flex but fat enough to still look skinny when not flexed. I’m just gonna rock it though. Anybody says anything and I’ll just talk about how I used to squat 900lbs for reps

1 Like

There was a pretty prolific poster on here a while back that lived in Denver. I always thought he seemed like a nice enough guy but for various reasons he left the forums. I feel like I can think of 1-2 more less frequent posters who’ve mentioned that they lived in that area…must be some correlation between Colorado and being into lifting weights.

1 Like

Wasn’t that the fake doctor? Physiojock or something lol

Nah, his username was IsDatNutty or something like that. His profile is private now, so I don’t think anything shows up when you search for his posts. I don’t remember if he was still here when you joined.

(But that doctor might’ve been from there too, I never followed his posts much.)

Oh yea. He got called out on his lifts and declined to provide evidence if I remember correctly. Dude was putting up super elite level numbers continuously.

Yeah I think he just kept making progress and making progress and never got hurt and never got stagnant and…yeah. I honestly never really thought much of it, and he always came across as real cheerful, and his “secret” that he’d tell people was always just “hard work and consistency” so it didn’t really hurt anyone.

But he was never really able to prove stuff after saying he would or being asked. I’ve never posted a picture of myself simply because I don’t want to and if asked, I would say no. I think when asked, he’d say “Yeah when I get home” or say “Someday I’ll record my sets” and stuff like that. If you’re saying it, why not do it?

I remember one dude really lost his mind on him…basically called him scum over it. That was kinda funny. The same dude also kinda lost his mind again back when the forums were having some issues so I guess he’s just an angry person, haha.

1 Like

@mnben87 Dam brother that is an awesome pic. Love the lats, delts and biceps but to be honest I’d give anything to have your hair. You got a chin rug?

1 Like

I’ve got a hulk hogan mustache. The hair takes a while. Been growing it for about 3 years. I have cut it once, but only a couple inches.