Ben's Training (The Stupid Thread 3)

Played soccer last night. Thought I might die. My shirt was drenched (it was upper 80s and tropical humidity). After that I weighed in at 194.8 lbs.

Probably lost a couple during soccer, but I was drinking a lot of water. Hopefully these next 12 days I will stay on track. I have motivation for making it though the weekend on track, so that will be huge as weekend eating / drinking can sabotage a whole week IME. I think 190 will be there, but I probably need to get into the 180s to be really looking lean. I think if I hit the 190, I’ll still go a bit over maintenance for a bit, and add the Tbol. I don’t have to seek perfection. I’ll still be looking jacked.

2 Likes

Training for today.

Bench 275 6,6,6,5,5
Row 265 5x5
Narrow bench 225 3x9
TRX row 3x12
Chins 2x12
Triceps and delts did them

Still not 100% on pressing. Went for a 325 single and failed. Bit bummed about that, but what can I do. Just going to be patient, and hope it starts coming back.

2 Likes

Squats today. Was a bit rough. I just am not consistent on squats, one rep looks good the next is a good morning.

Squat 410x1, 345 3x4
Chin +45 5x5
Belt squat 275 3x10
Chin 3x12
Ghr 3x12
Biceps did them.

I believe that a competitive game of soccer is one of best conditioning sessions you can do, haha.

1 Like

Well, I felt very winded, so probably true.

Shoulders tonight.

Ohp 150 3x8 (I recorded 155 last week, but I think it was actually 145?)
Row 265 5x5
Incline press 185 3x9
TRX row 3x12
Biceps, triceps and delts did some isolation worth.

Feeling a bit more gassed at the end. Probably due to the cut.

3 Likes

Deadlift day. Was really feeling drained. I’m down weight, so that could be it.

Deadlift 555x1 495 4,4,3
Weighted chin 50 5x5
Belt squat 275 3x11
Biceps, triceps and delts, did them

Should have gotten a pump before the picture to really pop, but it was a candid one by the wife.

4 Likes

garden hoses on your delts. looking strong.

2 Likes

Lookin thick solid tight jacked and juizy :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thanks man! I’m pretty veiny in general. If I were ever get really lean, I think it would be crazy looking. Probably scare women and children though.

Thanks dude! Deadlift brings out the veins, but makes the arms look like puny.

1 Like

is…that…sumo?

Yep, conventional feels really weird for me. As soon as I tried sumo, it felt much more natural (and my first sumo pull was stronger than conventional pull). I have been thinking that I might go a bit more narrow for foot position as wider doesn’t feel great.

Weighed in at 192 lbs this morning. 190 lbs should be there by July. I still think that 190 lbs while depleted might not be enough to get me where I want to be. Still, it is the lowest weight I have been in over 5 years, so I’ll take that as a win. Last time I was this weight, I was not as muscular either.

3 Likes

Training for today.

Bench 285 4x5 1x7 at the end
Row 225 5x8 225 dropped weight. Last week was a bit sloppy.
Narrow bench 3x10 225
TRX row 3x12
Biceps and triceps did them. Realized including delts was silly as they are almost over developed compared to arms.

1 Like

Looks like the nerve issue is well on its way to being healed!

1 Like

I do think it’s close. Losing weight isn’t great for the bench, and neither is not lifting anything heavy for 2 months. I probably need to build some to be where I was previously.

Training for today

Squat 415x1 345x3x5
Chin +50 5x6
Belt squat 285 3x10
Neutral grip chin 3x10
Biceps did them.

Realized, Sunday should not include triceps or delts, to be strong for Monday pressing.

Overall, felt drained today. Needed a lot of rest between sets. Squats just ate not something that feels very natural for me, at least

1 Like

Training for today

Ohp 155 3x8
Chin 5x10 was going to row, but the gym was packed
Incline press 185 3x10 time to bump up weight
TRX row 3x12
Side raises 20 4x12
Biceps and triceps fried them today

1 Like

Deadlifts today were brutal. Warming up they get heavy af. I was supposed to go to 565, but 545 was a grind. I dropped weight on working sets to 455, and did one set and was like nope, not today.

I just tried to keep from moving backwards. Did some chins, TRX row, and biceps and triceps. Everything felt hard today. Still was somewhat productive, so I’ll take that as a win. I did some drinking last night, too much. That was probably it.

1 Like

Training for today.

Got called the n word a few times, by my friend Hershel at the gym (he is black, if the name doesn’t give it away). Pretty sure it was a compliment though. He is a monster of a man. 6’7" 350 lbs. He was playing college football before hurting his knee.

Bench 290 5x5
Row 225 5x10
Narrow bench 240 3x6 bumped weight up on this. Will work up to 8 or 10 reps, then bump up again.
TRX row bw 3x12 leaving this here as kinda a make sure I do enough back lift.
Biceps and triceps, did them.

2 Likes