T Nation

Ben's Training (The Stupid Thread 3)

I noticed that was missing. Didn’t wanna call you out on it though

1 Like

Just thought it was interesting. I get my drugs for cheap, but this does still end up costing quite a lot of money. I could easily see that if one was adding stuff like HGH, that it adds up quick.

If all I did was the Test for 20 weeks, and the Tbol for the first and last 4 weeks, it would only cost me $225. It is the other stuff that adds up quickly. Tudca is recommended, and that isn’t cheap. Blood work should be done that is a couple hundred. If I go raw powder on the RU for the next blast (assuming I don’t get sides from it this go around, and it seems to work), I can save about $100.

Ain’t that the truth. When I plotted a blast with primo it got pricey stupid quick. Adding growth is a sure fire way to get into used car territory :joy:

2 Likes

Ohp day. Felt pretty strong. Weighed in at 212 on the gym scale. Was usually 198 at the gym in the same workout clothes.

Push press 185 5,5 realized was supposed to be 195. 205x5
Neutral grip chin 3x10
Strict press 175 3x5
Belt squat 315 8,8,12 (not an amrap, but hard)
Incline press 245x5 235x5,8 (matched last week’s amrap with 10 more lbs)
Hammer strength row 245 10, 15 took 40 off and cranked out another 10
Fat bell curl 35 x12,12 followed immediately by 25x10

I think that’s it.

2 Likes

Just thought I’d drop a physique update per @hankthetank89 request. Just upper body, hope it isn’t too low. Tried not to post a dick root pic.

IMG_20211012_193200700

6 Likes

Fuck son!!! It’s too early into the blast to be growing :joy:. Looking swoleee

1 Like

action figure

2 Likes

And @ejones1 thank you guys. It is admittedly really good lighting here, and I was flexing the abs hard. Probably not super representative of what I look like candidly. I’ll just have to do my pictures consistently to gauge progress. I am sitting at about 210 lbs now.

2 Likes

Deadlifts and back pumps tonight. I think I’ll up the taurine on lower body days to 2000 mg. I think I’ll switch back to sumo as well. I said that last week but was too stubborn.

Handle up hex bar deadlift 475 3x5
Weighted chin 50 4x5 1x7 (was disappointed, but then remembered I’m up 12 lbs)
Tate press 45 3x15
Incline curl 35 3x10
Belt squat 275 10, 10, 15 (not an amrap, but hard)
Hammer strength row 275 2x10, 15

I think that’s it. Back was really acting up. Had to lie down in a bench. Knew it was going to be rough when I was getting pumps loading the bar. Not great, but I’ll take it. The real bummer is none of the deadlifts were even an that hard, just loading the weight destroyed my back. Threw in some arms early to help the back. Also choose arm exercises I could do on a bench.

3 Likes

Just thinking a bit here. Gonna up the reps on push press and strict press, and drop some weight. Thinking I’ll start with 185 for 3x8 on push press, and 155 for 3x8 on strict.

Deadlifts going back to sumo. I think I’ll keep the weights in line with what they are now, but go to 5x3 instead of 3x5. Gonna try to keep volume up for legs with the belt squat. I’ll start to vary rep and weight scheme soon. Maybe a moderate weight day for sets of 6, and a volume day with sets of 12.

2 Likes

Been really busy the last few days. Had a wedding and a grooms dinner which took up 2 days. Yesterday I went to the beer dabbler. So lots of drinking and being up late. Not the greatest. Today I just did squats because I wanted to watch football.

High box squat 340x3 350x3 360x3 370x3 380x3 400x3

Back to normal tomorrow.

2 Likes

Was a bit to aggressive with my weight selection on push press. Also the weekend of drinking probably didn’t help much.

Push press 185 8,8,7
Weighted chin +25 3x10
Strict press 155 3x8
Hammer strength row 275 2x10 (machine was stolen)
Incline press 225 5,5,10
Belt squat 315x6 325x6 335x6

After the brutal push press, I was a bit fatigued. Workout required a lot of rest. I think that came with a cost to the rest of the workout.

Edit:. @ejones1 is the man. Always get a heart minutes after posting!

4 Likes

I enjoy watching you work.

1 Like

He really is man. The dude putting in some of the most work on this site is also the biggest cheerleader and that’s some big Dick energy if I’ve ever seen it.

3 Likes

Deadlift day. Was getting back pumps, so I moved to singles for warm ups no back pump with singles, do I figured let’s pull a heavish single. 6 plates moved really nicely. I think I got low 600s.

Sumo deadlift 495x1 515x1 535x1 555x1 585x1
Walking lunges with ssb 115 3x20
Weighted chins +60 3x5
Belt squat 275 2x10
Pull-up 2x10

Was a fun day. Should have done a bit more volume, but really pleased with the deadlift single. I’ve fallen off the arms every session thing. Will do them next time. Was 214 lbs at the gym. Up at least 15 so far.

4 Likes

Just an observation, but sleep has been pretty good on blast. I don’t remember the last time I was awake all night. Anxiety seems better too (perhaps these are related).

2 Likes

You’re really making me want to lean up a bit and make another push for some gainzzzz

1 Like

The other day I was getting undressed for bed. My wife was staring at me getting undressed. I said “ya mirin?”, and she just goes “no, just seeing how fat you have gotten”. Somehow I fell asleep after that. She just don’t understand the bloat game.

1 Like

:unamused:

this smiley is called unamused

1 Like

You just need a proper chin rug and she’ll be down :joy:

1 Like