Benefits on CNS with Steroid Use

Quick question what are the benefits to the Central Nervous System with steroid use?

1. Does it limit CNS burn out? if so how does it do this?
  2. Does it help recover CNS? if so how does it do this?
  3. Any particular substance that is more beneficial than others?

I could not find much information on this.

1. Yes - Don;t know the mechanism

2. Yes - Don;t know the mechanism

3. Test, Test suspension, Anadrol 50 etc

Thanks, hopefully some of the vets might know the mechanism.

I can not explain the exact mechanisms, but DHT is what you want to help the CNS. So, test or DHT based AAS would be the most beneficial.

[quote]Ether Bunny wrote:
I can not explain the exact mechanisms, but DHT is what you want to help the CNS. So, test or DHT based AAS would be the most beneficial.[/quote]

That’s interesting Ether Bunny, and seems reasonable based on personal experience. Even if you don’t know the mechanisms, can you provide any additional background info for how you came up with this?

I’ve read reviews suggesting that CNS effects due to AAS were likely via second messenger routes (cAMP etc…), therefore type II (using Bill’s naming convention), or, non-genomic, AAS, would probably be most likely to influence the CNS.

[quote]whotookmyname wrote:
That’s interesting Ether Bunny, and seems reasonable based on personal experience. Even if you don’t know the mechanisms, can you provide any additional background info for how you came up with this?

I’ve read reviews suggesting that CNS effects due to AAS were likely via second messenger routes (cAMP etc…), therefore type II (using Bill’s naming convention), or, non-genomic, AAS, would probably be most likely to influence the CNS.
[/quote]

Rereading my post I seemed rather definitive. Let me clarify that I am not certain that DHT is the one and only CNS boosting steroid. My guess comes from taking lots of anecdote and calling it data. Here are some of the anecdotes.

The East Germans tested Methyl DHT, OT, Test, and Andro specifically for their ability to increase the stress capacity of the CNS. Methyl DHT was the preferred substance from that group.

Most anything that I have read that discusses the brain differences between sexes points to DHT causing the male changes. Both the amount of cross linking between the brain halves and the relative sizing of processing centers was influenced by DHT. Some researchers think DHT can even continue changing adult brains not just fetuses and adolescents. That seems like a rather potent CNS effect to me.

When reading logs of persons running test cycles and using a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor some reported that they were not able to attack the weight in the same way as they could without the 5-alpha reductase inhibitor.

While trying to recover my natural test production there was a period where I got some test back but not much DHT. My aerobic capacity improved but I would still get burnt out real quick when weights got heavy. That went away when my DHT levels came up. Estrogen was pretty constant through all this.

Maybe DHT works by driving out estradiol. Maybe it works simply because it is a strong androgen. Maybe the various androgens are just screwing with acetylcholine and dopamine levels, and that is what is making the magic happen. I wish I knew the real answer to all this, because it would make finding the last missing piece of my HRT puzzle much easier.

Time for some self experimentation,

-Ether Bunny

Many users consider trenbolone to have positive effects on the nervous system with regard to lifting and recovery. It certainly does for me, though I don’t have the limit strength increase that some do (I’ve always wondered though whether that was from these individuals underperforming when not on the juice, rather than superperforming with it. But I don’t know.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if anything that is sufficient to noticeably increase aggression has this benefit being looked for, as there might very well be only one effect mechanistically, whatever that is, but more than one outcome seen from the nervous system.