Benefits of High Fat Diets?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

there’s a big fucking difference between exposure and excess. Fuck people.

15-mins of sun bathing is exposure and good, 15 hrs is excess and bad.[/quote]
from a John Meadows article:

Limit overall carb intake. Excessively high carb diets decrease insulin sensitivity. The relationship between insulin levels and insulin sensitivity is nonlinear, meaning that high carb intake, even within normal ranges of insulin release, can cause a large decrease in insulin sensitivity. Increased insulin levels cause the metabolism to get “stuck” in carbohydrate-burning mode by activating the expression of genes for carb metabolism and down-regulating the expression of genes for fat-oxidation.

The average person has around 350-400 grams of glycogen reserves in muscle tissue, and another 100 grams or so in the liver. If the extra carbs are not burned for immediate energy, they’re converted to triglyceride and stored as bodyfat.

Don’t misinterpret this as a “carbs are bad message.” Again, excess carbs are the culprit.[/quote]

Don’t get me wrong. Excess carbs are the root of numerous health issues, not just T2 diabetes. And the avg American would do themselves a huge favor to cut that shit down.

[/quote]
true dat

Thanks for all the advice. Time to re-look at my grocery list!

Also Heavy Cream = Thickened Cream (I’m pretty sure this is correct). The former is used in the USA and latter in the UK (possibly)/Australia etc.

This is a PDF:
http://www.bullafoodservice.com.au/images/stories/cream/4002ThickenedCream300ml/4001-4002-4004-401-Bulla-Thickened-CreamRV4.pdf

Nutritional Information Per 100g:
Fat 35g
Fat-saturated 23g
Carbohydrate-sugars 3.1g

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
How are you guys getting such high calories from fat? Oils? In your meals or as a supplement?
Are you also counting the fats that protein meats are prepared from?

TQ[/quote]

Most meat has fat in it. I seek out the fattier cuts of meat and cook it in such a way that I do not lose any of it. Eating chicken require eating the skin otherwise it’s too lean.

I pour olive oil or melted butter on all my vegetables, drink heavy whipping cream, and eat coconut oil by the tablespoonful. I can get up to 300 grams pretty easily in one day.

I avoid seed oils and supplement with a little fish oil.
[/quote]

This is almost me to a T.

[/quote]

To a “t” you mean :wink:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

How are you guys getting such high calories from fat? Oils? In your meals or as a supplement?

TQ[/quote]

Most meat has fat in it. I seek out the fattier cuts of meat and cook it in such a way that I do not lose any of it. Eating chicken require eating the skin otherwise it’s too lean.

I pour olive oil or melted butter on all my vegetables, drink heavy whipping cream, and eat coconut oil by the tablespoonful. I can get up to 300 grams pretty easily in one day.

[/quote]

[/quote]

To a “t” you mean ;)[/quote]

HAHA! That took a moment or 2 to finally hit me!

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

TQ[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To a “t” you mean ;)[/quote]

HAHA! That took a moment or 2 to finally hit me!

lol
[/quote]

almost went over your head

[quote]qeynos wrote:

exposure to carbs does not make you insulin resistant[/quote]

explain why so many american have diabetes if its not HFCS and carbs
[/quote]

I don’t know maybe because they sit on their ass all day and stare at a computer screen?

Or Drive around the mall parking lot for 15 minutes to make sure they get the closest spot?

Or play Modern Warfare 3 for 8 hours get up take a piss, drink a 64oz coke and play for another 8 hours?

Failed P.E?

Watched Real Housewives of Los Angelas, Atlanta, New Jersey, Reunion special shows?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t know maybe because they sit on their ass all day and stare at a computer screen?

Or Drive around the mall parking lot for 15 minutes to make sure they get the closest spot?

Or play Modern Warfare 3 for 8 hours get up take a piss, drink a 64oz coke and play for another 8 hours?

Failed P.E?

Watched Real Housewives of Los Angelas, Atlanta, New Jersey, Reunion special shows?[/quote]

Maybe a diet rich in genetically modified corn-soy Franken-products addle these people’s minds and bodies to the point where exertion becomes impossible.

Do you think it is possible to out-train a bad diet?

[quote]Airtruth wrote:

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[/quote]

Failed P.E?

Watched Real Housewives of Los Angelas, Atlanta, New Jersey, Reunion special shows?[/quote]

Maybe a diet rich in genetically modified corn-soy Franken-products addle these people’s minds and bodies to the point where exertion becomes impossible.

Do you think it is possible to out-train a bad diet?
[/quote]

It’s not possible to out-train a bad diet for 99% of people. There are genetic freaks of course, but even their gains will be limited. Considering diet is 80% of the equation to looking awesome, it’s difficult to out-train that.

And what is all that dietary fat supposed to be stored as?
(For the ones lifting weights and doing anaerobic work, not for sedentary people)

[quote]tolismann wrote:
(For the ones lifting weights and doing anaerobic work, not for sedentary people)[/quote]

burn baby burn… that or to help make new cells. every cell is composed of SFA and cholesterol.

there are other functions of the 2 as well. What you eat isn’t just about what i s stored or burned. Sat fat and other fats play other roles in our body as well :wink: like the immune and hormonal system

[quote]tolismann wrote:
(For the ones lifting weights and doing anaerobic work, not for sedentary people)[/quote]

I do not understand the question.

Check out the study below:

I did read a while back in one of the glossy muscle mags about a study showing athletes who went keto for a longer period of time did adapt to the diet and maintained their performance. Sure it must be out there in cyberland somewhere.

[quote]tolismann wrote:

Most of it will be used as energy immediately or converted by the liver into ketone bodies or become part of new cells.

Some of it can be stored in muscle tissue for localized energy production.

As long as insulin levels and other toxins are kept low it is doubtful any of it would end up as adipose fat.

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:
Check out the study below:

I did read a while back in one of the glossy muscle mags about a study showing athletes who went keto for a longer period of time did adapt to the diet and maintained their performance. Sure it must be out there in cyberland somewhere.[/quote]

This is good. I have not seen this study yet.

At worst one can expect a drop in weight and fat mass.

They should have published actual numbers for the outliers so we could see best and worst case scenarios for this group.

By the averages it looks like total weight decreased very little while fat mass decreased slightly more. If this is also true for absolute values then there must have been some appreciable muscle gains even though the findings were “non-significant”.

there are other functions of the 2 as well. What you eat isn’t just about what is stored or burned. Sat fat and other fats play other roles in our body as well :wink: like the immune and hormonal system[/quote]And one needs to go on a high fat diet for proper immune function and hormonal balance?

[quote]tolismann wrote:

there are other functions of the 2 as well. What you eat isn’t just about what is stored or burned. Sat fat and other fats play other roles in our body as well :wink: like the immune and hormonal system[/quote]And one needs to go on a high fat diet for proper immune function and hormonal balance?
[/quote]

No.

[quote]tolismann wrote:

[/quote]

No.[/quote]

But without ANY fat, you won’t have proper immune function or proper hormonal balance. So you need some fat.

[quote]maverick88 wrote:

TQ[/quote]

Fatty cuts of meat, coconut oil, avocados, coconut milk, salmon, and certain nuts. I count all fat using fit-day. Most days I am at 65% fat, 25% pro, 10% carbs. I eat mostly green veggies and don’t count fiber. I usually stay under 30g carbs. As I said after being on this diet for quit some time I am finding that I do not need as many calories to keep muscle/grow.

[/quote]

I noticed you did not list dairy products do you not eat them?

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:

[quote]maverick88 wrote:

TQ[/quote]

Fatty cuts of meat, coconut oil, avocados, coconut milk, salmon, and certain nuts. I count all fat using fit-day. Most days I am at 65% fat, 25% pro, 10% carbs. I eat mostly green veggies and don’t count fiber. I usually stay under 30g carbs. As I said after being on this diet for quit some time I am finding that I do not need as many calories to keep muscle/grow.

[/quote]

I noticed you did not list dairy products do you not eat them? [/quote]

When I was younger it gave me pimples so, I do not eat dairy. I do plan on slowly introducing it to see how I react now. I have read that certain types of products (hard cheeses, butter, yogurt) do not give those prone to “dairy” pimples issues but we shall see.

I also do not eat a lot of red meat because I prefer my red/fatty meat to be the best quality possible and it can get expensive.

For saturated fat I get a lot of it from coconut products like coconut oil and coconut milk. It has never given me issues using large amounts. Mono-saturated from avocados, and smaller amounts of nuts and olive oil. Fish oils from Salmon and sardines.