Benefits from Squatting Twice a Day

Benefits from squatting 2x a day or useless ?

death

and badassery

2x a DAY? what… the…

im too big a pussy to ever consider such a thing

I just threw up thinking about that. I suppose you could pound yourself into the ground for a bit and then take a week off. Like that article Poliquin wrote about training Olympic athletes to the point of exhaustion and then having them take a week off.

that depends. do you consider chronic fatigue a benefit?

eh just saying guys i did it yesterday cause my brother did powerlifting and didnt get to squat since hes doing PL and OL so i squatted with him again :confused: guess i fucked up hopefully i have energy tommorow

Jesus Christ… how narrow minded are all you people???

Why;

1. are you assuming he’s killing himself in both sessions
  2. dismissing something that’s proven to be brutally effective for size and strength (hello Bulgaria)

If it’s the first time you’ve ever done it, don’t worry aobut it. I ran week 1 day 3 and 4 of the Smolov base meso cycle on the same day a couple of weeks back and was fine after.

if you’ve loads of time to train and recover, and manage the load effectively, squatting 2x per day could do amazing things for your squat.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Why;

2. dismissing something that’s proven to be brutally effective for size and strength (hello Bulgaria)

If it’s the first time you’ve ever done it, don’t worry aobut it. I ran week 1 day 3 and 4 of the Smolov base meso cycle on the same day a couple of weeks back and was fine after.

if you’ve loads of time to train and recover, and manage the load effectively, squatting 2x per day could do amazing things for your squat.[/quote]

thanks for the help im sore in a weird way though but im gonna knock out early today hopefully it’ll go away by tomorrow cause i train tomorrow. i did my squats easier the second session it sounds weird but dunno i did them easier

I wouldnt ever do it personally, because Im just not that nuts, but if your CNS can handle it, go for it.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Why;

if you’ve loads of time to train and recover, and manage the load effectively, squatting 2x per day could do amazing things for your squat.[/quote]

Thank you GOD somebody finally said it. It ain’t no thing. It could really, REALLY help your strength levels…provided you manage your fatigue VERY carefully and rest and eat a ton.

The one thing that’s pissed me off in recent years is this attitude I perceive from a lot of competitive powerlifters that it’s impossible to train that often and get freaky strong. I mean, olympic lifters, track athletes, and athletes of all sorts do multiple sessions a day for weeks on end with lots of kickass results. What makes powerlifters think its so impossible?

Now, I don’t deny overtraining is a very real and very damaging possibility training frequently and hard, but it’s not inescapable. You can manage loads in such a way as to avoid it.

Keys to getting away with it:

1. load selection–you must never, ever, EVER miss a weight attempt. And you must never grind a rep out. Ever. A lot of the stuff Thibs is saying about the ‘perfect rep’ and auto-regulation is key here, anaconda or no. PNS/CNS fatigue is utterly disastrous.

2. any weight you attempt must be done with zero emotional “gearing up/psyching up”. This is also contributory to fatigue since it requires emotional energy, and this is highly underrated by people—Zatsiorsky and some other USSR authors considered any weight that required psyching up to be a “maximal weight/attempt”.

3. volume in each session has to be extremely low. Like, 9-15 TOTAL working reps low. (working reps defined loosely, but say ~ anything over 70% of your best set that day). As a side note, light speed work (50-60% 1 RM) can help in frequent training a lot.

[quote]jeminz92 wrote:

thanks for the help im sore in a weird way though but im gonna knock out early today hopefully it’ll go away by tomorrow cause i train tomorrow. i did my squats easier the second session it sounds weird but dunno i did them easier
[/quote]

Not unusual at all. It’s a side effect from nervous system potentiation and motor learning. Two things that are major results of frequent training sessions.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Why;

Who were also juiced to the damn gills. The training methodology of people on anabolics will not be applicable to people not on.

im only 17 and i did it i dont mind it , dont take any anabolics Arargon your post about emotional psyche seems so true just had to agree lol

Squatting twice a day is a great idea for many reasons. Twice a day everyday is another thing…

[quote]daraz wrote:
Squatting twice a day is a great idea for many reasons. Twice a day everyday is another thing…[/quote]
I agree.
This is not something you do on a regular basis but it is a good idea.

I wouldn’t do it a lot, but maybe on some kind of cycle.
I would like to squat HEAVY at least once a month.(doubt I could manage twice a month)

[quote]elih8er wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Why;

Who were also juiced to the damn gills. The training methodology of people on anabolics will not be applicable to people not on. [/quote]

Yeah, cos we all know the SAIDs principle only applies when drug use is taken into account.

[quote]Hanley wrote:

[quote]elih8er wrote:

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Why;

Who were also juiced to the damn gills. The training methodology of people on anabolics will not be applicable to people not on. [/quote]

Yeah, cos we all know the SAIDs principle only applies when drug use is taken into account.
[/quote]
Pointing at the Bulgarians and saying “it worked for them!” without taking into account anabolics were a key component of their training regiment (which not only is great for building muscle, but awesome for recovery) is thoughtless. Their training system worked because of the anabolics. You only hear of the successes of the Bulgarian system of training and not the great number of people broken by it.

The question is way too vague to comment. What are the parameters? Sets? Reps? Load? Time between sessions? Sessions in a training week? Let’s not even get into ones own personal variables …

I agree with “dyeguy1212” – stupid fucking thread.