T Nation

Benedikt Magnusson Deadlifting 400kg*5

Read the title.

Holy shit! Wonder what he pulls for singles…?

He did 970, was a WR at the time. He’s going to be a major player at Andy Bolton’s challenge meet.

Ahh… the spotter was obviously taking a hundred pounds. :slight_smile:

[quote]daraz wrote:
He did 970, was a WR at the time. He’s going to be a major player at Andy Bolton’s challenge meet.[/quote]

He’s going to be there!?!

kinda looked like he was looking at the ass on that poster to psyche up, haha.

[quote]critietaeta wrote:

[quote]daraz wrote:
He did 970, was a WR at the time. He’s going to be a major player at Andy Bolton’s challenge meet.[/quote]

He’s going to be there!?!

kinda looked like he was looking at the ass on that poster to psyche up, haha. [/quote]

Seems like it worked

Next man to pull 1000 I think.

Obvious the spotter had no qualms about losing a finger or hand in his efforts to prevent the outermost plates from falling off. That could have been an “ouch!”

I don’t think that was a spotter. With that big of a lift your weight clamp needs to be a full size person and not a cheap piece of plastic/metal. I don’t get what was holding the weight on the other side on though.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
I don’t think that was a spotter. With that big of a lift your weight clamp needs to be a full size person and not a cheap piece of plastic/metal. I don’t get what was holding the weight on the other side on though.[/quote]

Maybe he was pulling higher on this left side. LOL

I like that he’s drinking a 2 liter of coke between sets.

damn that guy is fuckin huge

[quote]The Student wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
I don’t think that was a spotter. With that big of a lift your weight clamp needs to be a full size person and not a cheap piece of plastic/metal. I don’t get what was holding the weight on the other side on though.[/quote]

Maybe he was pulling higher on this left side. LOL[/quote]

There seem to be clamps on both sides but you can hear the one on his right falling off during the first rep. I really like Benni, I hope he gets to break the 1000lbs barrier soon.

[quote]hurg53 wrote:
damn that guy is fuckin huge[/quote]

Yea he’s a true behemoth. I think there was a chick on this forum who put up a video where she was being spotted in the squat by Benni, anyone know what I’m talking about? It looked pretty funny, standing behind a normal sized woman he looked even more gigantic than usual.

[quote]hurg53 wrote:
damn that guy is fuckin huge[/quote]

Video doesn’t do him justice.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I like that he’s drinking a 2 liter of coke between sets.[/quote]

x2. We sub-900 pullers what with our foo foo plain water between sets.

looks pretty fat though lol

[quote]hurg53 wrote:
looks pretty fat though lol[/quote]

Yeah.

u mad?

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]hurg53 wrote:
looks pretty fat though lol[/quote]

Yeah.

u mad?[/quote]

why would i be mad lol

Another video worth posting from that same workout.

The speed on that set of 8 is just ridiculous…