Bending Knees on Chins

Is it bad to bend your knees on chins?  I am happy because now I can do decent sets of REAL ones from dead hang!  Today I did 41!!! (5x4 and then 7x3).  BUT my bar is just a bit short and so what I do is bend my knees a bit.  I find also that on the last reps when I'm really struggling my knees start to come up toward my chest as I pull.  I still focus on bringing my chest right up to the bar though.  

Is it bad to bend knees? Should I be maintaining a straight plank with my body?

No, its cool, whatever it takes to get your feet off the ground, as long as your not doing any weird kicking or hip thrusts your still pulling your weight. Glad to see you back, I don’t usually read the log type threads but for some reason I’m addicted to yours. Keep up the good work, have fun.

If you can concentrate more with your knees straight, get a higher bar. Otherwise, there’s nothing wrong.

[quote]thick88 wrote:
No, its cool, whatever it takes to get your feet off the ground, as long as your not doing any weird kicking or hip thrusts your still pulling your weight. Glad to see you back, I don’t usually read the log type threads but for some reason I’m addicted to yours. Keep up the good work, have fun.[/quote]
Ah, thanks. That’s sweet. I think it is quite the boring log hence I haven’t been posting much. I’ll try to be better. I can’t WAIT until Wed…all done with finals as of 10pm Wed!!!