Benching with Legs Up on Bench

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

Besides, you have your feet up in the air.[/quote]

You see a lot of guys do this at your gym dont you Greg? Anything you need to share?[/quote]

ha!

you’d be lucky if you saw anyone doing bench press while lifting at my new gym… its all curls and abzzzzz

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

You see a lot of guys do this at your gym dont you Greg? Anything you need to share?[/quote]

ha!

you’d be lucky if you saw anyone doing bench press while lifting at my new gym… its all curls and abzzzzz[/quote]

You were saying in the other thread about the alternative lifestyle warriors you have frequenting your gym.

In Germany, I’d say the big majority benchpresses with all sorts of “high feet”.
Feet to the ceiling, on the bench, crosslegged …

It’s so bizarre that someone might even approach you and tell you to NOT place your feet on the ground.
The biggest “argument” here is the threat of lordosis - gasp!
As if that could happen with the modest bench numbers they put up here. And as if flattening the spine is so much better.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

ha!

you’d be lucky if you saw anyone doing bench press while lifting at my new gym… its all curls and abzzzzz[/quote]

You were saying in the other thread about the alternative lifestyle warriors you have frequenting your gym.
[/quote]

thats what I’m talking about. They dont ever bench (ive seen two guys bench) I swear that they only do arms and abs… Its crazy man.

Rope Press downs
DB curls
40 minutes of abs
maaaaaaaaaaaaybe some lat raises and lunges if they’re hard core into getting their swole on lol

So basically I never have to wait for any equipment that I want to use

Damn, no serious arguments, almost all replies on topic, with almost all good advice…brings a tear to my eye!

Thanks for the info people :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wanted to chime in, here in NY I see this all the time! Had me puzzled too! I figured it was a floating chicken legs syndrome or something :X But it’s crazy common, right up there with the 3inch bar movement while the spotter deadlifts it haha.

Learning something everyday!

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Damn, no serious arguments, almost all replies on topic, with almost all good advice…brings a tear to my eye![/quote]

Your side chest sucks balls powerlifternewb

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Damn, no serious arguments, almost all replies on topic, with almost all good advice…brings a tear to my eye![/quote]

Your side chest sucks balls powerlifternewb[/quote]

But at least I have a good deadlift.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Your side chest sucks balls powerlifternewb[/quote]

But at least I have a good deadlift.[/quote]

Have you pulled 7 yet Hungry?

[quote]KcThrows wrote:
Thanks for the info people :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wanted to chime in, here in NY I see this all the time! Had me puzzled too! I figured it was a floating chicken legs syndrome or something :X But it’s crazy common, right up there with the 3inch bar movement while the spotter deadlifts it haha.

Learning something everyday! [/quote]

I see it ALL THE TIME also.
SF Bay area…

I am not yet big myself but I can observe that no one bigger than me at my gym benches with their feet up… and everyone who does bench with their feet up looks like they have never lifted in their life.

/broscience’d

Not completely on topic, but I have found that putting my feet up on the bench while doing dumbbell flys has allowed me to take the tension off of my shoulders, and I now feel it in the chest. I don’t bench this way.

Cheers guys for all the replies. It didn’t make sence to me, hence why i came here and asked you guys.

[quote]G.I. Joe Galway wrote:
Cheers guys for all the replies. It didn’t make sence to me, hence why i came here and asked you guys.[/quote]

I’ve come to find that you can almost always trust your BS detector. It doesnt ever go off when you see someone squatting or dead lifting, there is a good reason for that.

Now, squats on a bosu ball are a different story…

When I first started I had a few teachers in gym class who benched like that and i still see people today at the gym I go to do it but none of them have a bench higher then 225 so from what Ive observed its not such a great idea.

I’ve seen one guy who looks like an extra from the Jersey shore benching 315 for reps with his feet up on the bench at my gym. One of my ex-coworkers used to do that too and I think he got as high as 275. Aside from those 2 guys, most of the people I see benching like this are doing very light weight.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
I’ve seen one guy who looks like an extra from the Jersey shore benching 315 for reps with his feet up on the bench at my gym. One of my ex-coworkers used to do that too and I think he got as high as 275. Aside from those 2 guys, most of the people I see benching like this are doing very light weight.[/quote]

There was a guy (I think he was a cop) at my old gym who used to work up to about 275 with his feet in the air. Any heavier and he would put his feet down. He benched everyother day so it wasn’t to hard to observe. He was def a big dude.

See illustration above. “Stabilizer legs FTW”

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
See illustration above. “Stabilizer legs FTW”[/quote]

“Outrigger” is more technically correct.

check out this douche… false grip too…dumbass.