T Nation

Benching Routine Help

Hello, I am not a beginner but still a novice (been benching for 18 months but haven’t competed yet).

I have tried a lot of different combinations when designing a benching routine. I’ve gone heavy day/light day… max effort/dynamic effort… heavy/medium/light… etc.

I am wondering if anyone uses a split based on bodyparts (heretical amongst PLers, I know).
I was thinking:

Monday(chest)- bench press, dumbbell BP, dumbbell flys

Wednesday(shoulders)- Seated military press, front/side/rear DB raises

Friday(triceps)- Close grip BP, Dips, Tricep Pressdowns

I would do back work (pulldowns, rows, chins, shrugs) on Tuesday and Thursday and legs (squats) on Saturday.

I am an exercise addict so I really feel the need to be in the gym almost every day.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459382

and

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=570881

i don’t know how much help you are going to get from others, as your question is a bit on the vague side. read those articles. if you want to bench a lot, the westside angle seems to be the odds on favorite. i dunno what else to add, other than: READ UP!

Bastard

Two tips:

1 - Don’t train so damn often; I’m assuming you’re already overtrained

2 - Give your triceps a break! Those puppies are probably screaming right now.

Stay strong
MR

[quote]aggro-iron wrote:
Hello, I am not a beginner but still a novice (been benching for 18 months but haven’t competed yet).

I have tried a lot of different combinations when designing a benching routine. I’ve gone heavy day/light day… max effort/dynamic effort… heavy/medium/light… etc.

I am wondering if anyone uses a split based on bodyparts (heretical amongst PLers, I know).
I was thinking:

Monday(chest)- bench press, dumbbell BP, dumbbell flys

Wednesday(shoulders)- Seated military press, front/side/rear DB raises

Friday(triceps)- Close grip BP, Dips, Tricep Pressdowns

I would do back work (pulldowns, rows, chins, shrugs) on Tuesday and Thursday and legs (squats) on Saturday.

I am an exercise addict so I really feel the need to be in the gym almost every day.

Looks good to me! Put where are your chin’s at? I would work them in some where! Bro u need to rest to grow! Spending all your time in the gym maybe some of your problem. What is your max? Get a bud and max that shit out!!!

farmboy1969