T Nation

Benching Close to Double BW for Reps and Eating Mostly Fruit

Hi everyone, I wanted to make quick introduction of myself.

My name is Mike and I eat most of my calories including most of my protein from coming from fruit and lesser extent to leafy greens and some nuts/seeds. I also, take no supplements besides recently b12 and I’m long term vegan.

I have been bench pressing for over 3 years (took awhile to figure out what works), squating with goals in mind for a bit over a year (I could only do 225 lb for the longest time, now I do 20 reps of it!), and only started deadlifting for my first time ever since year, which I’m making amazing progress at! However, I still got a lot to learn.

I would like to do a lifting competition sometime with the year.

I know this might be the surrealist post you ever find, because how many people have you heard eating mainly fruit and lifting a ton of weight? My guessing it’s completely unheard of.

I have thoroughly enjoyed and learned a lot through many posts on this forum. I look forward to chatting with you guys and would like to have your support in my epic fruit eating and lifting craziness.

Why?

I’ll stick with meat - we were meant for it and it’s a significantly higher quality protein than plant based proteins.

When you say your lifting close to double bw for reps which lift are you talking about?

I’m not even gonna touch this

You have self confidence, which is good. The problem is that you come off as an arrogant tool. I mean this is the nicest way possible, consider it more of a constructive criticism. The fact is that you’re faithfully following a silly gimmick for the sake of being different. If you truly want to be stronger, you have to be smarter than that.

You’re one of those people who are full of themselves, without actually being that impressive. A chronic case of narcissism. At 181 lbs, I still consider myself weak with a 2.5x bodyweight lift. Compared to the average idiot who sits on the couch all day you may be stronger, but compared to true powerlifters, you have a long way to go.

I assume he’s referring to this.

Dude’s hella strong

all srs replies r fail

op u sownd lyk smrt guy mebbe tri lift moar then dubble bw 4 repes?!:slight_smile: than stik blubarry up ur noes n bark lyk chikkin?

[quote]fruitandstrength wrote:

I know this might be the surrealist post you ever find, because how many people have you heard eating mainly fruit and lifting a ton of weight? My guessing it’s completely unheard of.

[/quote]

Watched vidz. still waiting for ton of weight to be lifted.

Seriously though, if you really think you’re lifting heavy weights, you would be well-served to do a PL meet. It’d be a solid reality check. Other options for a reality check would be to watch any video on the internet ever of heavy weights being lifted.

I have zero interest in knowing any more about your diet, because your physique and your lifts are miles away from impressive.

Also, does ‘fruit and strength’ make anyone else think of Kai Greene?

machine bench press

-.- ?

OP is holding a banana in his default picture

\thread

I promise you will PR after eating this

Video is full cunt.

LOL at whole thread.

OP why have you posted a BS machine lift in the PL forum?

why have you posted all this fruit BS in the PL forum and not the nutrition forum?

troll.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
all srs replies r fail
[/quote]

Exactly lol. This dude is possibly the most obvious troll I have ever seen.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
all srs replies r fail
[/quote]

Exactly lol. This dude is possibly the most obvious troll I have ever seen.[/quote]

The guy’s not a troll. He’s got too many videos for that to be true. He seems to believe everything he’s saying.

He’s just very, very misguided.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
The guy’s not a troll. He’s got too many videos for that to be true. He seems to believe everything he’s saying.

He’s just very, very misguided.[/quote]

No what I’m saying is that I’m not sure the OP is the actual dude who makes these vids.

I’m starting to doubt myself though…

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
The guy’s not a troll. He’s got too many videos for that to be true. He seems to believe everything he’s saying.

He’s just very, very misguided.[/quote]

No what I’m saying is that I’m not sure the OP is the actual dude who makes these vids.

I’m starting to doubt myself though…[/quote]

I gotcha. It rings true to me, but hard to know for sure from one post.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
The guy’s not a troll. He’s got too many videos for that to be true. He seems to believe everything he’s saying.

He’s just very, very misguided.[/quote]

No what I’m saying is that I’m not sure the OP is the actual dude who makes these vids.

I’m starting to doubt myself though…[/quote]

I gotcha. It rings true to me, but hard to know for sure from one post.[/quote]

You know what though I’m starting to think you’re right. If the poster is actually the dude who makes those fruit vids… then I have a question for him.

Do you believe that your diet is superior for lifting heavy weight? Or are you just trying to see how strong you can get on such a diet?

Honestly I am surprised with how far you’ve gotten already given that you only eat fruit. However… I am not sure you realize what type of people frequent this forum and how strong most of them are.