Benching 2x BW

Doh,
I think your friends are right to a point. A typical 155 pound Asian who never trains or eats right could not possibly bench twice his body weight, but on the other hand if he does work out and eat right, he could prove his friends wrong.

Bullpup

[quote]bullpup wrote:
Doh,
I think your friends are right to a point. A typical 155 pound Asian who never trains or eats right could not possibly bench twice his body weight, but on the other hand if he does work out and eat right, he could prove his friends wrong.

Bullpup[/quote]

Why would that 155lbs asian try to stay at only 155lbs?

[quote]Massif wrote:
E-man wrote:
Arnold Schwarznegger- “If you can dream it you can achieve it”

Thats fuckin right…Listen to no-one.

Except Arnie, apparently.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Doh, Yes you can do this! I am not Asian but when I was 18 I was 5’9 155. Thru the years I have benched twice my weight at various times. 185/370, 195/395, and 205/415. Yes it was difficult but it is very possible. The mistake I made was I tried to gain weight anyway possible and I ended up getting FAT! My advice is to bulk but do it the right way, keeping the muscle to fat ratio good. There are plenty of good trianing and diet programs here. Pick one and try it out, if it works repeat, if not try another.

Anthony Clark was filipino, that’s asian. China has a good olympic team, go tell them they can’t because they’re asian. Use whatever your friends are telling you as fuel and go start an asian powerlifting club.

[quote]Massif wrote:
E-man wrote:
Arnold Schwarznegger- “If you can dream it you can achieve it”

Thats fuckin right…Listen to no-one.

Except Arnie, apparently.[/quote]

Hahahaha. hilarious

Yoyoyo. Asians can bench like no other. 2x bodyweight is totally possible for you bro. By the way, Ed Morishima (Japanese-Hawaiian) was one of the first people to bench 3x his bodyweight, like 450 @ 150lbs or sumthing like that. Anyways, dont let anybody get you down, just train smart.

[quote]Doh wrote:
My friends are all telling me it’s going to be impossible for me to bench two times my body weight just because of my race and body weight
[/quote]
stronzate (bullshit)
training and diet do the records. not your “race”

[quote]
Tell me im right.[/quote]

you are

Yes you can do it. It isn’t even a question. No doubt.

IPF Benches for your reference:

Naoya Ikeda 165kg @ 52kg
Hiroyuki Isagawa 200kg @ 60kg
Kenichiro Matsumoto 220kg @ 67.5
Yuji Watanabe 270 kg @82.5
Midote Daisuke 350kg @ SHW

you can do it man! try some of the low-rep multiples set variations (5x5,sheiko, pavel). You’ll gain the weight because of muscle development as you gain your strength. Keep reps below 5 reps and do multiple sets. Train as frequently as you can around 70-80% intenstity but keep yourself fresh by not training to failure and backing off when needed.