Benching 135lbs, How Many Times?

I’m up at 2:30 am in the gym. Back from the gym (RIGHT NOW) at 3:50 am. And doing labor when the sun-comes up. I’m 100% satisfied with my gains. I’m assuming your still in the bed right now at 3 in the morning, right? PS, you don’t have to talk to me about how to use my time efficiently tell that to someone else.

I just put the hands on the clock to 230am to figure out how much I am gymering.

3 Likes

It’d be a little weird for me to tell someone else how you should use your training time, don’t you think?

6 Likes

Which one?

3 Likes

principal

1 Like

I spent years working overnight until 7 am, and I can’t imagine bragging about being up at 3 am, haha. Yes, I was comfortably sleeping at 3 am.

Love the imagery of you holding a wide push-up position on two scales as well. Golden.

2 Likes

Did anyone else try some pushups on a scale?

I got maximum force a few inches from the bottom, not closer to the top like I expected. Cool.

2 Likes

Why would you expect it at the top, when Force is back on your legs more?

That sounds terrifying, am I underestimating the might of stoneware

I guess I thought I’d be pushing harder when my elbows were less bent? Or I expected to be pushing harder when I had better leverage?

The difference between standing still at the bottom (like 165) vs the top position (like 155) was minimal. I was up over 200 pushing off the floor, near the bottom.

I guess Louie was right all along, i was decelerating in the 2nd half of the lift and need some accommodating resistance.

3 Likes

And yet, you came here for advice. Interesting. At least here you were finally able to learn what a leg press machine was, so we’re apparently more useful than where ever you were before.

What? No. Not correct. I don’t see where I said that I should be answering all questions. I said it’s dumb to resurrect long-dead threads and to quote/reply members who are no longer active. That’s universal forum etiquette and basic common sense.

So they use the same ROM, unless you take specific steps to increase the ROM. Pretty sure nobody was confused by that.

My initial statement is still accurate. A close-grip push-up has a different ROM and recruits different muscles than a bench press. (Close-grip bench press wasn’t being discussed).

And to quickly callback to this:

You’ve said in several other threads that you started training just last April and spent your first four months doing bodyweight exercises. Also, to be even clear"er", your 145 to 300 was benching on a Smith machine.

5 Likes

OK!!! I saw a notification with a link!! Did you mean to pull on my chain!!! Can I be of service?

ass hole

Oh I see I did mention that… so confused now by statements above

Details Details… :wink:

Lets see… guy contradicts claims he made in previous post. Implying that anything he says cant be trusted 100% in the future.

you know you fucked up

3 Likes

that’s not how that works…

being physically at the location of your gym holds little value if you are spending that time arguing on internet forums.

6 Likes

That’s an interesting choice.

1 Like

Just for clarification… since you named dropped. Are you implying that the program you listed in your earlier thread is Westside or heavily based on Westside. If so would you care to go into more detail?

westside

bulldog head tilt

2 Likes

@gulfcoasttraining make your next move carefully…Bulldog’s muzzle is off and he/his kids lift more than almost everyone on this site :laughing:

Don’t let the cute doggy picture fool you.

3 Likes

thanks for the compliment… to be young again and in my prime!

Now just for the record I am generally curious regarding the OP bringing up Westside . As I stated in my post above I just need some clarification. Based off of his routine he posted in a previous post.

1. If his current training scheme is based/inspired on what they do at Westside…… or is it a actual routine they do there.
  2. if so… how has he integrated how they approach things into his current training.

In all do respect im a simple man and not very smart on those goosh darn things training related especially Westside . Isn’t that the one gym that uses rubber bands?

I figured a gentleman who was in charge of forum (which I assume is a training site?) of 500,000 members would be able to clarify things for a simpleton like myself.

Biker Bulldog

4 Likes

I’ve got money it’s a fishing forum

2 Likes

Fly fishing. That’s more athletic. :laughing: