Bench Wench Checkin' In

I’m a 40 year old mother of 4 awesome kids, ages 17, 16 (powerlifting), 13 (powerlifting), and 12. The oldest 2 are boys and the younger two, girls. I went through an ugly-ass divorce a little over a year ago…and let that pull me from the gym for a bit. I have been working and a full time student for at least part of the past year.

I had a planned surgery for the end of June, 2011 and due to iron deficiency anemia was told to stay out of the gym since early May, 2011. Had been out of the gym for several months recovering from major surgery, when I went to the O in Vegas in September. I have been around lifters most of my life, but had never been to a comp of any kind. Had an absolute blast.

Went to the expo, watched the pre-judging, and watched some powerlifters for the first time. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’d seen some powerlifting before, but never really watched. The suggestion was made to me to give it a shot, that I’d be good at it.

Once back home, found a powerlifting gym near my home. Met the owner, had a session with him and I have been hooked since. I now train with him and a group of competition powerlifters that train there and I love it. I am still a newb but making strides and setting goals. I also got my son(15 at the time), and my daughter(13) to start.

5’1"
macros:
total cals: 2100
protein 206.4 (39%)
carb 209 (39%)
fat 51.1 (22%)

shooting for a comp here in my local gym (first comp for me) in early April, just to get my feet wet

1 RM current:
Bench 90
Squat 145
Dead 155

Sunday: rest day from gym
Monday: Shoulders and Hams
Tuesday: Quads
Wednesday: Group lifting heavy bench and chest work (1 week heavy/next week volume)
Thursday: Back (1 week deads included, the next week rack pulls)
Friday: Tri’s and Bi’s
Saturday: Group lifting heavy squat (1 week heavy/next week volume)

that’s all I have to cover for now, but will be lurking and learning :slight_smile:

I’ll be following.

Wow, it’s been a LONG time since I’ve posted. Not gonna start with a bunch of nonsense about myself. Just a few quick facts about me and the life I live now, which has changed by leaps and bounds in the last 4 years.

I am one month shy of turning 43.

I am a mother of 4 teenagers, ranging in age from 14 to 19.

Graduated nursing school at the ripe ol’ age of 42 lol.

Took a Motorcycle Safety Course first week of December 2013.

Met an awesome guy and married him second week of December 2013.

Went on a 2.5 week motorcycle honeymoon down the coast of Mexico.

I am currently teaching both of my teenage daughters how to drive

And…I’ve decided it’s time to get back to the gym, full-time! Starting a journal because I like having this for myself, to track my progress, and for constructive feedback/advice. I’ve tried paper journals, not my thing for the most part, but whatev.

Lifting History:

Started lifting almost 6 years ago. (Never accomplished too much since I didn’t really push myself, but I started a foundation of sorts)

Started powerlifting in October 2012 and LOVED it!

Between school, sometimes 2 jobs, 4 kids and a herniated L4, L5…I got a little lost, and then fell off the map entirely where training and nutrition were concerned.

So, now…here I am, again.

Schedule is always full, sometimes ridiculously so, but it is what it is and I’ll make it work.

GYM PLAN:

Monday–Chest/Tri’s/HIIT
Tuesday–LISS/Yoga
Wednesday–Back/Bi’s/HIIT
Thursday–Shoulders/HIIT
Friday–Legs/HIIT
Saturday–LISS/Yoga
Sunday–LISS/Yoga

Cardio sucks and my strength has taken a nosedive in the last 2 years, but I’m back to get my groove on and make it happen. Feels very humbling, however, it’s temporary

Macros are outlined in FitDay and meal prep is done.

Here we go!