I had never in my lifting career had more than 335 on the bar. I hit a really easy 365 with a pretty simple program. I expect to hit 385 after another cycle or two.
I’m making progress on the other lifts as well, and expect to hit PRs soon.
What I did would be easy to adapt to a target of 335.
I picked the following 10 weights that I would use to work up to a new single PR at the end of the program. 45, 95,135,185, 225, 275, 295, 315, 335, 365. These were only weights I used.
I set a rep target of 10 and work my way up those weights. If I get 10, I go up to the next weight. If I don’t get 10 reps, I go back down. I always stop the set when rep speed slows significantly, which is be between 1-3 RIR, depending on lift/weight/fatigue. The first week of the last cycle was:
275x6 - 3 RIR
275x4 - 1 RIR
After I fail to get the target reps, i do two more sets with the same rules.
The next week the target reps drop to 6, what I hit on the top set. So week 2 of the last cycle looked like:
275x6 - 3 RIR
295x6 - 1 RIR
315x3 - 1 RIR
295x4 - 2 RIR
The next week the target reps dropped to 3
335x3 - 0 RIR
335x2 - 1 RIR
Probably should have cut 335 at 2, but the 2nd rep was only slightly slower. I never do more than 10 sets, so only one back-off set.
Because 335x3 indicates I should be able to hit 365, I deloaded my other lifts for a week and hit a very easy 365 the next bench day.
Had I got 335x1 with less than 2 RIR or x 2 with 0 RIR, I would have started a new cycle with target reps at 10.
I’ve run this basic template quite a few different ways, manipulating the target rep progression, days per week, full-body vs. split, back off set strategy, etc. I’ve always seen improvement…until I do something stupid.