Bench/Squat/Dead Ratio?

what’s the ideal?

i’m at 180/245/275, which is like 1.2/1.6/1.8

body wt: 151

Bench: exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html
Squat: exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/SquatStandards.html
Dead: exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/DeadliftStandards.html

Looks like I have work to do!

175 lbs currently, with 215 bench, 250 squat and 275 dead numbers. Time to work!

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:
what’s the ideal?

i’m at 180/245/275, which is like 1.2/1.6/1.8

body wt: 151[/quote]
The ratio of those lifts to one another will change a bit from lifter to lifter, since some folks are built better/worse for certain exercises due to limb length, leverages, etc.

Also, “ideal” will vary in different contexts. Basic strength-wise, a bodyweight flat bench, 1.5xBW squat, and 2xBW deadlift are good starting points. A bodyweight overhead press is very good.

2/3/4 is a pretty standard goal across the board - 2 plates per side on the bench, 3 per side on the squat, 4 per side on deads. It doesn’t take the lifter’s size into account, but it’s still a general baseline for anyone who’s been lifting for a while.

In terms of strength as it relates to size, the old school thinking is that by the time you’re hitting a 1.5xBW squat and stiff-leg deadlift for 10-20 each, .75xBW overhead press for 12, and 1.25xBW flat bench and bent-over row for 12 each, you’ll have a solid build.

[quote]Pangloss wrote:
Bench: exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html
Squat: exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/SquatStandards.html
Dead: exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/DeadliftStandards.html[/quote]

fantastic, i’ve been looking for one of these charts for a long time. Unfortunately, it confirms I left like a pretty boy. Elite bench, almost advanced dead and squat…crap.

Love it! Chris thanks for the strong words!

awesome. thanks for the link pangloss