Bench Shirt Protective?

As most people who have bench pressed for over a decade, I have lingering shoulder impingement/rotator cuff issues. Will using a bench shirt alleviate these problems? Will it make things worse?

If you get one that is too big, it can help your shoulders feel better. I have an old Inzer HPHD that is about 10 sizes too big that I wear from time to time when my shoulders are feeling beat up.

I definitely wouldn’t get a tight jacked up one for shoulder health. And don’t spend a bunch of money either. you can probably get a crappy old inzer for $20 on ebay.

Much more important is to Bench to a low groove. Touch below the nipple line and push straight up with a slight drift back towards head. Rear delt work with bands or springs is good too. Then an old loose Inzer Blast would work well. I am going to try an old shorty neopreme scuba top. Neopreme compression shorts are great for hip/groin/ham issues.

jack

I work with a guy who also has a left shoulder problem and he benches using a inzer blast that is 10 inches bigger than his shoulder circumference. It gives him just enough support in the bottom position.

BTW, OP do you have to bench?

[quote]jackreape wrote:
Touch below the nipple line and push straight up with a slight drift back towards head.
jack[/quote]

The “drift back towards the head” is new to me. Why has this to be done with a bp shirt? Has it to be done without a bp shirt too?

[quote]eisenaffe wrote:
jackreape wrote:
Touch below the nipple line and push straight up with a slight drift back towards head.
jack

The “drift back towards the head” is new to me. Why has this to be done with a bp shirt? Has it to be done without a bp shirt too?

[/quote]

When you touch low, in order to keep the elbows under the wrists you must tuck your elbows towards your sides as you lower, then slightly flare them as you come up, again it is all about elbows under wrists.

Touching higher on chest is a better for pec stimulation but is hell on your shoulders and almost a gaurantee of future surgery.

In my experience band/spring pull aparts are best for rear delts/external rotatotors. Also like pulls to face with both over and under hand grip.

jack