T Nation

Bench Shirt for USAPL

Alrighty, so it’s been 4 years since my last powerlifting competition (major injuries), and as such, much of the equipment used has changed. I’ll be using the Inzer Hardcore squat suit, that’s a given.

My question is conerning my bench shirt. I’m planning on going with the Inzer Rage or Rage X, but am not sure which one, or what style back to get. I’d like to go with the open back model, but I’m not sure if it’s legal in USAPL/IPF competitions. Anyone know? Anyone disagree with my choice of open back model?

Thanks…

I think you’ll find open back shirts are not legal in the IPF of USAPF, neither is double ply.

[quote]Old Dax wrote:
I think you’ll find open back shirts are not legal in the IPF of USAPF, neither is double ply.[/quote]

This is right, there is no openback shirts allowed in usapl.

Thanks for your help…

Any thoughts on which shirt to go with? The Inzer Rage or Rage X? Thanks again…

If you arch get the rage x

are you planning on only using Inzer products?? Ive used the Titan Katana just recently IPF certified and seen substantial power off the pause.

I’ve used Inzer products for as long as I can remember. I’ve been hearing good things about Titan, so I’ll definitely have to experiment with their equipment.

Thanks for all the responses…

Go with a Katana…I sent you a PM…

I didn’t believe the hype about the Katana when it came out (and it sure ain’t the cheapest single ply out there) but after watching a realtively inexperienced shirt bencher in a properly fitted and set Katana smoke a full-range about 100 lbs over his best 2-board raw press, I am impressed.

The katana shirts also seem to held their shape a lot better than the old F6’s do and maybe even better than the Rages. Over all, I think it’s a great shirt for a single-ply lifter.

I didn’t believe the hype about the Katana when it came out (and it sure ain’t the cheapest single ply out there) but after watching a realtively inexperienced shirt bencher in a properly fitted and set Katana smoke a full-range about 100 lbs over his best 2-board raw press, I am impressed.

The katana shirts also seem to held their shape a lot better than the old F6’s do and maybe even better than the Rages. Over all, I think it’s a great shirt for a single-ply lifter.

[quote]Pinto wrote:

The katana shirts also seem to held their shape a lot better than the old F6’s do and maybe even better than the Rages. Over all, I think it’s a great shirt for a single-ply lifter.[/quote]

The Katana might be too much of a shirt for a first time user tho…? I completly agree with the fact that some people are getting phenomnal results from it tho.

My f6 has held it’s shape really well. I’ve used it for 3 mini cycles since Feburary and each time I’ve hit PR’s in it (although I do try to take good care of it, I wash it in powerwash after every workout).

I’d go with an f6. Really easy to get on, very comfortable and a nice easy groove!