Bench Shirt Fitting/Bruising?

I just tried a bench shirt for the first tim yesterday. I got an Inzer Rage X (size 46 fitted according to chart). My question is, how much bruising and pain is normal around your arm pits and back of the shoulders?

Mine look like they have been whipped with a stick, no biggy, but whats the norm??

Cheers.

If you don’t get the arm pits seated properly you’ll have A LOT more pain from the shirt. buuuuut (there’s always a but) having the sleeve collar closer to your elbow = more support

A considerable amount of bruising is normal. I wore my Katana for 9 weeks out of the last 12 and I’ve had the imprint of the seem on my arm for pretty much the entire time.

Well I guess I have a lot more work and adjustment to do in the shirt before I get used to it. Certainly was very different and through me off quite a bit.

I also tried a squat suit for the first time, an Inzer Hardcore size 32 (I am around 82-84kg) and man did this thing hurt! I couldn’t get paralel in it, so I am not sure if I should go to a 33 of just try to get used to the 32?

Thanks.

You just need to get used to it. That’s the price of doin’ business.

How’d you like working in a shirt? It’s like sex, you never forget your first time.

Haha. I like sex more, but yes the shirt was cool, very different from raw, but I think its going to be a lot of fun training in it and getting used to it. Looking foward to pushing some more kg’s.

Both the shirt and the suit will stretch a little with use, and you will get used to the pains and bruises from both.
Inzers material is a little rougher on the skin than some of the other options, but not to bad IMO.
Good luck on your gear advantures.

[quote]perksy wrote:
Haha. I like sex more, but yes the shirt was cool, very different from raw, but I think its going to be a lot of fun training in it and getting used to it. Looking foward to pushing some more kg’s.[/quote]

I like sex more too but my F6 never turns me down.

[quote]perksy wrote:
I just tried a bench shirt for the first tim yesterday. I got an Inzer Rage X (size 46 fitted according to chart). My question is, how much bruising and pain is normal around your arm pits and back of the shoulders?

Mine look like they have been whipped with a stick, no biggy, but whats the norm??

Cheers.[/quote]

Congratulations on getting an Inzer Rage X. How much weight did you use in your workout?

Also, bruising is normal and you’ll get use to it over time. If you ever need any help, drop me a message.

Good luck with your training and your next competition too.

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

for some of the more experienced lifters what bench and squat suit would you recommend for someone preparing for thier first meet. sumo deadlift and wide stance squat. are deadlift suits necessary and do people get much out of them? i have heard beginners dont get as much out of their suit and i know it varies quite a bit but can someone comment on how much carryover they get from their suits and which suits they have used.

Thanks for all the replys guys. I will continue to train with the gear and get used to it. I was only using 120kg for the bench the other day and will need to use a bit more weight I think.

Its early days yet and I am looking foward to training with the shirt and suit.