Bench ROM Used in Training

do any of you guys bench like this? I remember doing it for a few weeks back in high school with 135 after I first watched Ronnie Coleman’s videos hahah.

I’m going to give it a shot over the next couple of months as I hope to break 300 and will post my feedback here. I think it’ll help groove technique and explosiveness at the bottom of my bench, while allowing me to go a bit heavier. I’ll be doing some full ROM benching as well as a good amount of accessory work so I don’t think my lockout will be hurt.

Who in there do you feel is not doing the full ROM? There is a lot of benching in that video, so it’s hard to know exactly which technique you are referring too.

sorry, Spoto I would say is going 3/4 or a bit less of the way up. I think for me, whenever I have problems locking out the weight, it’s really because I barely got it off my chest.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
sorry, Spoto I would say is going 3/4 or a bit less of the way up. I think for me, whenever I have problems locking out the weight, it’s really because I barely got it off my chest.[/quote]

That is how all of my assistance work pressing looks these days, mainly because I am trying to gain a lot of weight with my current training cycle and this creates a lot of time under tension.

Spoto also has a strange sticking point about 3/4 of the way up, for what that’s worth.

Spoto is nuts, dude’s forearms are bigger than my arms.

I think that it’s a great idea for assistance pressing work and will give that a shot again.

I just tried to avoid locking out today, but still ended up hitting it on a few reps. It’s not really a big deal I guess, but it helped me put more emphasis on getting into a groove at the bottom.