Bench Press Slingshot

I never thought of using equipment like that or the bench shirt but I heard good things about. Anybody think it’s worth it? Supposedly this guy used it had a 3 rep max of 315 and using the slingshot he knocked 315 out 10 times so I’m all about getting my bench up.

Absolutely worth it, 100%. Allows me to bench without pain.

I’m using it to try and overload my lockout. I have a guy I lift with who has seen a dramatic increase over the last month by adding the reactive slingshot. He’s still a beginner but he has actually seen it work over a short period. I’m going to be including it more since my pec is tweaked and I still need to work on my lockout.

I don’t have injuries or pain but I do want to see my bench go up, I’ll probably give it a try

I have the regular one, first session with it I did an easy triple with 255 when my previous 1RM was 225. I’m weak as shit but the thing works like a charm.

damn, sounds like I gotta get this thing I heard too much good stuff about it

On the subject of the slingshot, does anyone train alone and use one, or do you need a handoff to get it to work?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
On the subject of the slingshot, does anyone train alone and use one, or do you need a handoff to get it to work?[/quote]

You don’t need a handoff, but it certainly makes it easier when you get to the heavier weights.

its fun to add for variation. i’ve found it has very similar carryover to light band reverse band bench too.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
On the subject of the slingshot, does anyone train alone and use one, or do you need a handoff to get it to work?[/quote]

I train alone and I’m fine but again, weak as shit so YMMV.

[quote]Jingle99 wrote:
I’m using it to try and overload my lockout. I have a guy I lift with who has seen a dramatic increase over the last month by adding the reactive slingshot. He’s still a beginner but he has actually seen it work over a short period. I’m going to be including it more since my pec is tweaked and I still need to work on my lockout.[/quote]

please clarify…your buddy reps with more weight when using the slingshot ?

or has his un-equipped 1RM (sans slingshot) increased after training with the slingshot ?

I watched a fella using one of these . high 300 presser with the sling for sets of 4 or so . seems to me this would be strictly for overloading the lock-out/triceps ,

or am I missing something ?

Not strictly for overloading even though it is great for tri’s/lockout. It allows a lot of people to press without pain, myself included.

Kind of like a reverse band bench, but with a few extra benefits, and also easier to set up.

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Not strictly for overloading even though it is great for tri’s/lockout. It allows a lot of people to press without pain, myself included.

Kind of like a reverse band bench, but with a few extra benefits, and also easier to set up.[/quote]

What are those extra benefits?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:

Kind of like a reverse band bench, but with a few extra benefits, and also easier to set up.[/quote]

What are those extra benefits?[/quote]

Proprioceptive feedback on elbow position, bench groove, and back tightness.

Completely forgot that I have one

I bought the Sling Shot from Mark Bell, and didn’t really like how it rode up on my chest. It does help you grind out extra reps however. I bought the Titan Ram and really like that since the cutouts for your arms are positioned just like a bench shirt is, allowing it to stay put on your chest better.

I have the Titan single ply and Mark Bell’s Red Slingshot.

My 1RM raw is 315 and w/ the Titan it’s 355. This was a couple months ago but they say you get about a 10% increase in weight.

It has been a tremendous help in being able to handle heavier weights safely and allowing the body to get used to heavier weight. I also believe it mentally helps you push harder off the chest when you go back to raw.

My bench has gone up quite a bit because of it and it’s really nice for variety in training.

Easily worth the $50 and in my opinion, one of the greatest powerlifting inventions ever.

Close grip Slingshot is very underrated, great groove and pure tricep lockout.

Titan Ram + 200lbs in chains = Tricep torture.