Bench Press Singles

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

The only thing that alot of volume does is burn you out and cause over training really fast. So, if you want to stay small and weak, continue to do high volume. [/quote]
[/quote]

I will bet anything, i have alot more training experience than you. Guys I see in the gym all the time doing endless sets, with tons of different exercises for each bodypart, stay the same, year after year. Cause, thats not the way to get bigger. The best way to get bigger, is low volume, intense, and high frequency. I’m not talking about the high intensity like mike mentzer. I personally do each bodypart about 2x per week. but with limited volume. [/quote]

Majority of ALL people who lift stay the same year after year, so what random program they are doing means little to nothing. There is no ‘best’ way to get bigger and stronger, it’s extremely individualistic. You’ve obviously made a lot of progress doing what you have done, but guys like Bauer (was 280 at single digit bf I believe) used insanely high volume and progressed. Look at someone like Synergy (similar stats to Bauer), who is making progress training 2 or 3 times a day, everyday. Different strokes for different folks. [/quote]

I can see the benefit of working out 2 or 3x per day. As long as the volume is such you don’t over train.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:

The only thing that alot of volume does is burn you out and cause over training really fast. So, if you want to stay small and weak, continue to do high volume. [/quote]
[/quote]

I will bet anything, i have alot more training experience than you. Guys I see in the gym all the time doing endless sets, with tons of different exercises for each bodypart, stay the same, year after year. Cause, thats not the way to get bigger. The best way to get bigger, is low volume, intense, and high frequency. I’m not talking about the high intensity like mike mentzer. I personally do each bodypart about 2x per week. but with limited volume. [/quote]

Majority of ALL people who lift stay the same year after year, so what random program they are doing means little to nothing. There is no ‘best’ way to get bigger and stronger, it’s extremely individualistic. You’ve obviously made a lot of progress doing what you have done, but guys like Bauer (was 280 at single digit bf I believe) used insanely high volume and progressed. Look at someone like Synergy (similar stats to Bauer), who is making progress training 2 or 3 times a day, everyday. Different strokes for different folks. [/quote]

I can see the benefit of working out 2 or 3x per day. As long as the volume is such you don’t over train. [/quote]

Yeah, it seems to be working for a lot of people here on the forums. I just think what’s over-training to some people, may not be to others, if that makes sense.

I train twice a day everyday just about and have gone from a 245kg squat to estimated 300kg in like 4months of training. It works great and won’t cause so called ‘overtraining’ (I much prefer under-recovering because your body can handle much more than you are currently doing) so long as you keep it to prilepins table. IE - 80% 5x3, 75% 4x4 etc etc.

weighted pull ups got my squat past 135

[quote]JLone wrote:

[/quote]
I will bet anything, i have alot more training experience than you.[/quote]
Cool Story,

I bothered to comment on your post because we just had a whole thread about how you won’t post a video of you doing a lift so who knows what you bench/squat/pull.

Also, you can stimulate a growth and strength through volume and plenty of people have done it so to say it will leave you small and weak is nonsense. I don’t actually use high volume training but that doesn’t mean I get on the internet and tell people it is garbage like my opinions are facts.

[quote]arramzy wrote:
I train twice a day everyday just about and have gone from a 245kg squat to estimated 300kg in like 4months of training. It works great and won’t cause so called ‘overtraining’ (I much prefer under-recovering because your body can handle much more than you are currently doing) so long as you keep it to prilepins table. IE - 80% 5x3, 75% 4x4 etc etc.[/quote]

Are you also trying to get bigger? If so, have you noticed any difference training this way.

I personally do each bodypart about 2x per week. but with limited volume. [/quote]
That’s fantastic and all, but this is the POWERLIFTING forum, where men and women discuss POWERLIFTING and the LIFTS associated with it. We’re not talking about growing huge pecs and a jacked set of traps, or how to build wicked sick pythons, bro, so take your vast knowledge from your decades of experience in training, back to the sub forums that will take you.

Get A Life awaits a new picture, anyway.

[quote]arramzy wrote:
I train twice a day everyday just about and have gone from a 245kg squat to estimated 300kg in like 4months of training. It works great and won’t cause so called ‘overtraining’ (I much prefer under-recovering because your body can handle much more than you are currently doing) so long as you keep it to prilepins table. IE - 80% 5x3, 75% 4x4 etc etc.[/quote]

Are you also trying to get bigger? If so, have you noticed any difference training this way.[/quote]

By training this way I am now 5"6’, 200lb at sub 10% bodyfat from 185lb 4 months ago. Yes it works to build muscle and increase strength very well if you recover properly.

[quote]arramzy wrote:

[quote]arramzy wrote:

Are you also trying to get bigger? If so, have you noticed any difference training this way.[/quote]

By training this way I am now 5"6’, 200lb at sub 10% bodyfat from 185lb 4 months ago. Yes it works to build muscle and increase strength very well if you recover properly.[/quote]
But to RV, you’re TINY, and he can outlift you in every lift imaginable. Just ask him. Proof? You’ll have to trust him.

.gif semi-related