Bench Press Ramped to 407

Coach,

Here is another update to let you know what your advice leads to on the other end of the world… After following your peri-workout nutrition protocol as well as every advice you ever gave me for 4 month now, my weight went from 211 to 227. My bdf dropped significantly from a slighlty out-of-shape 10% to 8%.

One hour ago I hit my new all-time bench press PR. Ramped up to 407 pounds. I pressed less 15 years ago when I weighted 242 pounds.

Here is what I just did:

Empty bar x 15, 110 x 5, 200 x 1, 225 x 1, 250 x 1
(120kg) 264 x 3
(130kg) 286 x 3
(140kg) 308 x 3
(150kg) 330 x 3
(160kg) 352 x 3
(170kg) 374 x 3
(180kg) 396 x 3 (went pretty well)
(185kg) 407 x 1 (no more fuel…)

Very much looking forward to the release of I, Bodybuilder as well as MAG-10 and Anaconda. Feels like the sky is the limit right now…

Para

WOW. 19 pounds of muscle on a trained individual in 4 months… what were you benching four months ago?

Sounds like a ringing endorsement of the peri-wkout nutrition protocol

I’ve been training for 20 years. So these gains are pretty insane. I really couln’t be any happier.
I haven’t been that heavy in 15 years, BUT I was 242 pounds like 15 years ago. I don’t know if one can still talk of muscle memory here, but still I want to mention it to be transparent.
Additionally, I really was in a rut before I started to use the protocol. Out of shape. But still, I haven’t been that heavy in a looong time and just hit my new all-time personal best (still not where I once was with squats and deadlifts, though).

As for progress: Mid July I did a cluster of 5 x 1 rep with 315 punds. This equals approximately mid July’s 3RM I guess. Didn’t test my 1 RM, but I’d estimate 346 or so. So I probably added 60 pounds to my bench in 4 month. (I was able to bench press 395 in my early 20’s).

Thats awesome. Hope you have continued gains man.

I know im taking the easy way out here…but would you mind sharing some of the tips CT has given you over the past few months, especially about peri-workout nutrition? Kind of like your “ah-ha” moments. Theres so much info on these threads that I dont know where to begin and what to actually apply to my training.

Thanks

[quote]TK52 wrote:
Thats awesome. Hope you have continued gains man.

I know im taking the easy way out here…but would you mind sharing some of the tips CT has given you over the past few months, especially about peri-workout nutrition? Kind of like your “ah-ha” moments. Theres so much info on these threads that I dont know where to begin and what to actually apply to my training.

Thanks[/quote]

I follow the protocol to the letter. I also do one low-protein day per week (you’ll find some info on that in the pulsing thread). I do protein pulses 4 times a day.
I use some supps besides the protocol, namely phosphatidyserine, hydrolized casein, vitamin D, falmeout, superfood, Metabolic Drive (last meal of the day).
CT helped me many times with nutrition, supps, timing, training…

If your interested in my current diet plan, feel free to pm me.

Amazing progress! Especially in a trained individual. It’s in line with the results those who follow everything to a T are getting. Thanks for making me look smart. :slight_smile:

para workout protocal helps all of us with some serious gains, i remember you closing in on 400 on another thread. Feels good hunh… kick some ass