Bench Press Question

Drop the weight, use a spotter, and try benching to the neck with a wide grip. Bring the bar down until you feel the stretch in your upper pecs, then squeeze with your pecs to lift the bar. You should be feeling that in the right places, namely the upper chest, and very likely soreness running up and down both sides of your sternum if you do enough volume.

I’m not going to say “this is what you should do”. I’m just suggesting to give it a try and consider this as an option.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

x2
-You don’t need anything fancy just need to work on getting some basic strength. Check out matt kroc’s article on benching big

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Andrewdwatters1 wrote:
When I woke up today i’m sore, as usual, but my front delts are just as sore if not more-so than my pecs.[/quote]

I’m not a bodybuilder, so I can’t help you tweak form to hit your chest more, but what I can tell you is that what you’re experiencing is the norm, not the exception.

I would be way more surprised if you told me you felt it more in your chest than your front delts. In my experience the limiting factor on bench press training is virtually never the chest, it’s all the other crap. Your front delt is practically the size of your thumb, whereas your pecs are enormous by comparison. Just look at the infatuation powerlifters have with keeping their shoulders healthy and balanced.[/quote]

yeah, awesome point.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[/quote]

x2
-You don’t need anything fancy just need to work on getting some basic strength. Check out matt kroc’s article on benching big[/quote]

lol
yeah that’s been the plan, sounds good though I will check it out.