T Nation

Bench Press PR! 150kg 2 Reps

Just wanted to share my pr. i am very happy about this

Nice work buddy, looked easy. Keep at it.

wtf man where was the third rep? Looked like you had one.

[quote]N.K. wrote:
Nice work buddy, looked easy. Keep at it. [/quote]
Thanks man!

[quote]csulli wrote:
wtf man where was the third rep? Looked like you had one.[/quote]
Well, my mind was set on 2 reps, maybe next time i go for 3 or a dubble with more weights

3x5x140 and 155x1 with paus

Good job, Man!

[quote]goose64 wrote:
Good job, Man! [/quote]
Thanks!

Did some squating today!

Good work igen, I thought you were in Sweden since I recognize the gym equipment - the bench, those squat stands, I’ve only seen that brand in Sweden. Excellent equipment for powerlifting with the crank handles to adjust the rack height. Then there’s the old school style of Eleiko bumper plates. It looks like the gym where I used to train, but we dont have a red floor…

I’m trying to learn to squat like you do. That more upright stance with more knee travel. Any tips on how you learned your squat or what kind of lifting cues you use?

[quote]goose64 wrote:
Good work igen, I thought you were in Sweden since I recognize the gym equipment - the bench, those squat stands, I’ve only seen that brand in Sweden. Excellent equipment for powerlifting with the crank handles to adjust the rack height. Then there’s the old school style of Eleiko bumper plates. It looks like the gym where I used to train, but we dont have a red floor…[/quote]
Thank you. Yea, i live in Linköping in Sweden. Eleiko is the best brand ever. There is a reson they use it in the olympic games.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
I’m trying to learn to squat like you do. That more upright stance with more knee travel. Any tips on how you learned your squat or what kind of lifting cues you use?[/quote]
Hmm, when i squated lowbar i was pretty upright to, so i think the more upright style is natural for me. Sorry but i have no special tips or trix, but the high bar style require you to be more lithe to work out correctly. I stretch 4-5 times a week

[quote]Rubsu wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
I’m trying to learn to squat like you do. That more upright stance with more knee travel. Any tips on how you learned your squat or what kind of lifting cues you use?[/quote]
Hmm, when i squated lowbar i was pretty upright to, so i think the more upright style is natural for me. Sorry but i have no special tips or trix, but the high bar style require you to be more lithe to work out correctly. I stretch 4-5 times a week[/quote]

What kinds of stretches?

When I used to do low bar wide stance with a lot of sitting back I had to stretch and mobilize my groin and hip abductors a lot. With the new stance it seems to be the ankles, thoracic spine, and hip flexors.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:

[quote]Rubsu wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
I’m trying to learn to squat like you do. That more upright stance with more knee travel. Any tips on how you learned your squat or what kind of lifting cues you use?[/quote]
Hmm, when i squated lowbar i was pretty upright to, so i think the more upright style is natural for me. Sorry but i have no special tips or trix, but the high bar style require you to be more lithe to work out correctly. I stretch 4-5 times a week[/quote]

What kinds of stretches?

When I used to do low bar wide stance with a lot of sitting back I had to stretch and mobilize my groin and hip abductors a lot. With the new stance it seems to be the ankles, thoracic spine, and hip flexors. [/quote]

Ankle mobility is very importent. Also take a look at this videos

Wow those are some deep feeling stretches from the second video. Looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me! Thanks!

Boras Atletklubb. Great place. I dont lift there anymore since they close at 2100 and I work in Gothenburg so I usually dont get to the gym until 2030, so I had to find a commercial gym for the time being with later hours. Maybe I’ll go back to BK some day. Nice to see you hit some good numbers. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Did some reps with 140 today!

Gosse64@ Thank you and keep hitting the iron yourself.

4x4x195. seeing some gainz