Bench Press Meet Results!

I had a great time competing at the 8-31-08 usapl bp nationals. My goal was to was to set a bp pr and I accomplishment that. The 220 open class had 13 lifters. I went for the win on my 3rd attempt because Tim already had 600 on the board and the rest of the lifters were trying over 600 too.

Tim did a great job bp 642. I missed 611 right in the middle of the lift. So, I got a 4 place medal in the open, gold in the lifetime drug-free and a gold in the unequipped.

Body weight: 219
My attempts:
611X

Thank you Inzer Advance Designs for providing me with the #1 Bench press shirt on the planet. Thank you AtLarge Nutrition for providing with great protein powders. Thank you BMF Sports for paying for my entry fee. Thank you Adrenaline Gear for providing me with high octane lifestyle clothes.

Thank you USP Labs for providing me with a great joint supplement that enabled me to handle heavier weights in training and on the platform.

Also, thank you Jim Ray for putting on my 2 bp shirts.

463 OPENER

562 BENCH PRESS IN AN INZER RAGE X

611 BP MISS

[b]TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL
http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm[/b]

nice, but may i ask why open raw?

sweet meet dude, what’s your PR?

[quote]bignate wrote:
nice, but may i ask why open raw?[/quote]

I like to open up unequipped to get a lift on the board. Also, the judging is pretty strict. Several lifters bombed and missed their openers in this meet. Just in my flight, four lifters bombed.

Thanks a lot,

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
sweet meet dude, what’s your PR?[/quote]

I did 556 in June and 562 is the pr. So, I hope to get 611 at my Nov meet.

Thanks a lot,

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

Congratulations.562lbs to 611lbs is a big jump if 556lbs was your previous pr.To jump like that you must have had some good numbers in training, what did you hit in training before the meet?

looks like u have 611, just need to work the blasting thorugh the middle part of the lift. maybe some 1 board work with chains?

[quote]KeithJones wrote:
Congratulations.562lbs to 611lbs is a big jump if 556lbs was your previous pr.To jump like that you must have had some good numbers in training, what did you hit in training before the meet?[/quote]

In training, I did 605 off a 1-board and a 675 reverse band bench press.

Thanks a lot!

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

Congratulations on your meet! What’s your raw max, that attempt looked really easy.

Congrats, bro.! The spotters did a hell of a job on the 611 attempt also.

[quote]TunaMonkey wrote:
Congratulations on your meet! What’s your raw max, that attempt looked really easy. [/quote]

My competition unequipped max is 484, but have done 495 t-n-go in the gym.

Thanks a lot!

TRAIN HARD

“BIG WILLIE” J.T. HALL

Fantastic as always JT. That was quite a jump from 562 to 611. I understand that you’re numbers were slightly forced but what other guys had hit. 605 in the gym from a 1 board probably translates to more like a 580 though in comp IME. Nevertheless, its clear you are very close to that 611. Between you and the shirt you appeared to have it to the heighth of at least a 2 board.

Inspiring as always.

Very impressive, JT. I agree with others – you were very close to taking that 611. Great work and I look forward to seeing you get it.

Do you like incline bench pressing for bench press?

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
Do you like incline bench pressing for bench press?[/quote]

from what ive read, incline helps raw lifters alot more than equipped ones, personally i like CGI its so sexy to see the tri’s popping up on it and hits the shoulders too!