Bench Press If You Have Sore Lats?

My lats and abs are sore from back day, ie. pulups, chinups,etc. should i wait till this heals before I do my chest day?

no

[quote]deapee wrote:
no[/quote]

dude every one knows benching targets your lats and abbs do you want him to over train?

The very question affirms your moniker.

D

Minor soreness in your lats and abs is fine, but if you are really sore it could affect your bench workout. I highly doubt you will overtrain just wait til your back and abs fully recover after your bench day.

If youre sore work through it after a good warmup. If it hurts thats different though.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
If youre sore work through it after a good warmup. If it hurts thats different though.[/quote]

If every bodybuilder completely avoided the gym any time they were “a little sore”, they would never make much progress. Sometimes, you have to find out where your limits are in the first place just you so know from then on how far you can push them. For beginners to try so hard to avoid “overtraining” even though they never even come close…could lead them straight into UNDERtraining.

There is a huge difference between “slightly uncomfortable” and “PAIN”.

[quote]TinyTesticles wrote:
My lats and abs are sore from back day, ie. pulups, chinups,etc. should i wait till this heals before I do my chest day?[/quote]

No. Furthermore, if your lats and abs are sore when your next scheduled back day comes up, go to the gym and do a back workout. Rule: if you’re sore, workout; if your injured, don’t aggravate the injured area.

Tuck your elbows, use good form? If you do these things I don’t see how ab soreness is going to affect the lift at all, and doubt some sore lats will make a big difference.

[quote]kroby wrote:
No. Furthermore, if your lats and abs are sore when your next scheduled back day comes up, go to the gym and do a back workout. Rule: if you’re sore, workout; if your injured, don’t aggravate the injured area. [/quote]

This seems counterintuitive…if you’re still sore in an area, wouldn’t that mean that those muscles haven’t fully recovered from the last workout? And if that’s the case, why would you want to train them directly again?

[quote]Dan5290 wrote:
kroby wrote:
No. Furthermore, if your lats and abs are sore when your next scheduled back day comes up, go to the gym and do a back workout. Rule: if you’re sore, workout; if your injured, don’t aggravate the injured area.

This seems counterintuitive…if you’re still sore in an area, wouldn’t that mean that those muscles haven’t fully recovered from the last workout? And if that’s the case, why would you want to train them directly again?[/quote]

You muscles aren’t sore because you worked them too hard, they are sore because you are likely not eating enough for proper recovery. Therefore working them again is not going to do any more “harm”, they just might remain sore.

Checkout your post workout recovery and nutrition and see where you are going wrong, don’t skip a workout because you can’t read.