T Nation

Bench Press Help

Hi im 16 and i weigh 150 and im 5,9 my max bench is 170 right now ive been working out for 6 weeks straight. I first started when I was 14 but dident stick with it. now i really like working out i just started doing full body workouts I do 2 exercises for every muscle for 3 sets each and anywhere for 3-20reps depending on what im doing I really like do them i am usually in the gym for 1h30min to 2h 3times a weeks. I just wanted to know does anyone think its possible for me to be benching 200 by christmas thats a little over 2 months to get my bench up 30 pounds. and does anyone know how much creatine would help me or could i do it without creatine. I take N-large2 GNC multie vitimins, prolab glutimine and i also take UDO’s Oil with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. So is it possible to hit 200 and if so how many times shood i hit my chest a week to reach my goal, is 3 good

Thanks alot for the help

Go check out the Elite Fitness site. Or check out Joe Defranco’s Westside for Skinny Bastards article.

Im not even sure where to begin. First off, a workout should be done within 45 minute not including the warm up. Your workouts might be all over the charts for all I know, so keep a log of your exercises, sets, reps, and rest time.You probably shouldnt lift for more than 4 days a week. For your bench specifically, choose either the flat barbell press, or the incline bar press. Work up to a five rep max. Then Grab the dumbells and work the opposite angle of what you just did. Do about 4 sets 6. Every two weeks, switch to the opposite bench angles.
For your back, if you can, start with chinups about shoulder width and an overhand grip.Do 4-5 sets of what you can. Do lat pulldowns if you cant manage a chinup. Then do dumbell bent over rows for 4 sets of 10. You should go intense enough that you hate doing them.
For shoulders, work barbell militatry presses. work up to a five rep max. Then do 4 sets of 6 reps of upright rows with dumbbells.
For tricep work, do either weighted dips or close grip bench presses. Am for 4 sets of 6-8 reps. For biceps put your back against the wall to prevent swinging and do either hammer grip or traditional supinated grip curls. For the same amount of volume as the triceps.
For legs, do squats, not leg presses or machine work. Work up to a five rep max for two weeks striaght. Then alternate it with the deadlift. The secong exercise should either be a stiff deadlift or romanian deadlift. 4 sets of 6-8 reps. End with the ONLY machine work I recommend, laying hamstring curls. 3 sets of 6.

This is just a very basic general program for a newbie. Dont overwork yourself. Dont use machines. Check out this site for the proper technique of the movements i stated. Only train for 6 weeks at a time. DONT READ BODYBUILDING MAGAZINES, they are misleading supplement pro da. DONT do endless sets and reps with crappy form. LIFT HEAVY. AMEN