Bench Press Fail

Video speaks for itself

jesus, I’ll never understand why these people post these videos online

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Video speaks for itself

darrrriinnn!!!

I got pinned once (by about 80 or 90kg if I remember rightly) and just rolled the bar down to my hips, sat up, then got the bar on to the floor. Maybe someone like the guy in the vid above will find this useful!

Pmsl! Only cos he was ok of course :smiley:

Gold.

tweet

[quote]Diddy Ryder wrote:
I got pinned once (by about 80 or 90kg if I remember rightly) and just rolled the bar down to my hips, sat up, then got the bar on to the floor. Maybe someone like the guy in the vid above will find this useful![/quote]

Exactly. I don’t know how this isn’t the go-to response for this guy.

[quote]csulli wrote:

I got pinned once (by about 80 or 90kg if I remember rightly) and just rolled the bar down to my hips, sat up, then got the bar on to the floor. Maybe someone like the guy in the vid above will find this useful![/quote]

Exactly. I don’t know how this isn’t the go-to response for this guy.[/quote]
He wouldn’t make a very good engineer

[quote]csulli wrote:

Exactly. I don’t know how this isn’t the go-to response for this guy.[/quote]

For him, yes.

When I was a teen, I weighed 125 and got pinned with 230 lbs - NOT easy to roll down a small dude’s body…lol.

Yelled for Mom. She had to remove plates one at a time from either end until I could rack it.

Happened a few times when I lived at home.

Am I the only one who thought this was completely fake? I mean, the guy got the weight off the bar pretty fucking easily. I’ve gotten stapled during a bench press twice in my entire life and both times was with weight that I had to use quite a bit of effort just to unrack.

There’s a part a little more than halfway through where he seems to be moving the bar from just above his chest area back toward his face in an attempt to put it on the safety pins and he seems to be moving it fairly easy considering he had already been struggling with what is ostensibly too much weight for him to handle for close to two minutes at that point. Not sure why someone would post a video making themselves look like a fucking douche, but it doesn’t look legit to me.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Am I the only one who thought this was completely fake? I mean, the guy got the weight off the bar pretty fucking easily. I’ve gotten stapled during a bench press twice in my entire life and both times was with weight that I had to use quite a bit of effort just to unrack.

There’s a part a little more than halfway through where he seems to be moving the bar from just above his chest area back toward his face in an attempt to put it on the safety pins and he seems to be moving it fairly easy considering he had already been struggling with what is ostensibly too much weight for him to handle for close to two minutes at that point. Not sure why someone would post a video making themselves look like a fucking douche, but it doesn’t look legit to me.

[/quote]

Why can’t you just enjoy life, DB?

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[/quote]

Look at his face when he realizes he isn’t about to die, right after he squeezes his head out. You can’t fake that.

It looks like a kid who just started working out and doesn’t yet have the ability to “dig deep” when a rep gets difficult. That doesn’t come naturally in people, it’s built over time in the gym, brah.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[/quote]

I think he’s just weak, dude. And stupid, obviously. You could see him start to roll the bar toward his waist, but apparently that solution was too easy. And I second the look on his face being impossible to fake.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[/quote]

Why can’t you just enjoy life, DB?[/quote]
Yea

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[/quote]

Yea[/quote]

She must be doing those Poundstone curls. That’s a lot of reps.

MUM!!!

What?

DO YOU EVEN LIFT?

LOL that’s the same exact weight set I had when I started lifting. It sucks.

If the bar he is using is the one mine came with out the package, then the bar only weights about 10lbs. Then thick weights are 25 lbs each I think, and the one’s at the end are 15’s.

So it’s hard to fathom the weight being too heavy to roll down his body.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

[/quote]

I’ll tell you why. Because there’s idiots on YouTube ruining it for me with their underhanded chicanery.

This one I’m sure isn’t fake…

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
This one I’m sure isn’t fake…

[/quote]

I don’t know, they just happened to have a bucket right there?