Bench Press Bar Path

is it straight or in an arc??confused

I believe If you are a raw lifter your bench press should be an arc

one response woohooooo

Be grateful for all your responses before you go giving sarcasm. Go to supertraining.tv and watch some videos. Mark Bell knows a thing or two about benching.

How about you do some fucking research and experiment before being a asshole when not every experienced lifter on the board doesn’t jump on such a uninteresting over talked about topic that is different for every one. Try and do shit for your self man

Just realized this guy’s been a member for over 3 years now, how have you not figured this out yet?

I push the bar in a figure-8 pattern. Try attaching glow sticks to each end for more fun!

I usually try to push it straight onto my neck

[quote]JaggedG wrote:
I push the bar in a figure-8 pattern. Try attaching glow sticks to each end for more fun![/quote]

I LOL’d! thanks for the laugh man!

OP try this…

[quote]cparker wrote:
I usually try to push it straight onto my neck[/quote]

I thought you were supposed to lower it straight to your neck.

[quote]StrengthDawg wrote:

[quote]JaggedG wrote:
I push the bar in a figure-8 pattern. Try attaching glow sticks to each end for more fun![/quote]

I LOL’d! thanks for the laugh man!

OP try this…

I’ve seen that, absolutely epic

I had always thought bench should be straight down to the lower part of your chest and straight back up unless you are the lifter who arches his back like a contortionist.

[quote]CD6565 wrote:
I had always thought bench should be straight down to the lower part of your chest and straight back up unless you are the lifter who arches his back like a contortionist.[/quote]

So Dan Green, Eric Lilliebridge and Connor Lutz are contortionists now? Interesting lol