Bench Injury, Recovery Advice

Felt the slightest strain on the upper corner of my left pec (usually where I get sore from benching) and the strain isn’t unusual so I continued to warm up. First working set I hit a pr all time (exciting because I’m three weeks off my cycle) but on my last rep I felt a tear right on the upper corner close to the shoulder armpit area. Hurts to the touch and is now extremely sore and tight. Stretching it feels painful in a bad way and I’m not really sure how to handle this. I did get it on video but after looking I can’t really see what went wrong. I think being off the test ( and the fact Ive been dieting for a couple weeks now) left me unprepared for heavy lifting.

If you think it really is a pec tear, seek medical advice and get a scan(probably an ultrasound) to assess how bad the damage is. Other wise if you deny it, keep on training don’t be surprised if you get a complete rupture.
When you are off a steroid cycle you are supposed to deload a bit: weight, volume, intensity and even frequency.
Not really much point trying PR’s when your not on a cycle either. I try to consolidate my strength gains when not on a cycle, rather than expect massive increases like you get when on cycle.
What are your goals? Strength/powerlifting or bodybuilding. If its bodybuilding you don’t need to bench heavy weight, low reps.
If its powerlifting that’s not my field of expertise, but they cycle their poundages and change exercises, so even though they are training to improve their competition bench, they won’t be doing full range reps all year round.

Remember train smart, not hard.

[quote]Hardw0rk wrote:
Felt the slightest strain on the upper corner of my left pec (usually where I get sore from benching) and the strain isn’t unusual so I continued to warm up. First working set I hit a pr all time (exciting because I’m three weeks off my cycle) but on my last rep I felt a tear right on the upper corner close to the shoulder armpit area. Hurts to the touch and is now extremely sore and tight. Stretching it feels painful in a bad way and I’m not really sure how to handle this. I did get it on video but after looking I can’t really see what went wrong. I think being off the test ( and the fact Ive been dieting for a couple weeks now) left me unprepared for heavy lifting. [/quote]

ice.