Bench Form Check

[quote]budreiser wrote:
I have a meet on the horizon and I want to know if there is anything I can do to press more weight. Any help is greatly appreciated.[/quote]
The main thing you can do to bench more weight is to put more weight on the bar. For that to be 90% it looked pretty easy lol.

I thought a lot of things about your form were fantastic such as your arch and bar path. People have already talked about keeping your ass on the bench. I can’t see if your butt is coming off from that vid, but that’s just something to keep in mind, because it would suck to miss a lift at your meet due to that.

Another thing that you are likely already doing is keeping your upper back tight as hell and driving it into the bench. I just can’t really tell from a video if you are or aren’t, but that is huge obviously. I can feel an enormous difference in my strength when I really grind my traps into the bench. I usually start out lower on the bench and slide my upper back up into position so that it’s really locked in tight.

Echoing alot of others…the form looked excellent and it moved a lot faster than a %90 press. Id be willing to bet a 3 wheel bench is not out of the question definitely 300. I also have arch envy.

I would however would try to bench sans rack as it will get you more used to the equipment being used in a meet. If I were to bench always out of a rack and then only bench out of it in a meet it may mentally fuck with me a bit.

Also I would paused at the very least all singles and the first and last rep of any set as you will assimilate to competition benching.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Echoing alot of others…the form looked excellent and it moved a lot faster than a %90 press. Id be willing to bet a 3 wheel bench is not out of the question definitely 300. I also have arch envy.

I would however would try to bench sans rack as it will get you more used to the equipment being used in a meet. If I were to bench always out of a rack and then only bench out of it in a meet it may mentally fuck with me a bit.

Also I would paused at the very least all singles and the first and last rep of any set as you will assimilate to competition benching.[/quote]

I don’t have anywhere else to bench at school or else I wouldn’t be on the rack. I’m really hoping for a 3 wheel bench at the meet.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]budreiser wrote:
I have a meet on the horizon and I want to know if there is anything I can do to press more weight. Any help is greatly appreciated.[/quote]
The main thing you can do to bench more weight is to put more weight on the bar. For that to be 90% it looked pretty easy lol.

I thought a lot of things about your form were fantastic such as your arch and bar path. People have already talked about keeping your ass on the bench. I can’t see if your butt is coming off from that vid, but that’s just something to keep in mind, because it would suck to miss a lift at your meet due to that.

Another thing that you are likely already doing is keeping your upper back tight as hell and driving it into the bench. I just can’t really tell from a video if you are or aren’t, but that is huge obviously. I can feel an enormous difference in my strength when I really grind my traps into the bench. I usually start out lower on the bench and slide my upper back up into position so that it’s really locked in tight.[/quote]

I’m benching 3-4 times per week right now so I’d rather not put more weight on the bar. I would probably die. I do think my upper back being loose is an issue right now.